Dylan Bundy (Begins Throwing Program)

weams

So I have calcification on Achilles tendon (right foot). When I had knee surgery and stopped running it completely cleared up and I was pain free for the first time in 10 years. After a couple months of running it returned. Just something I've lived with most of my life. Very sore and stiff in the morning, but not bad after I get moving and in my case Doctors say it won't cause any damage. Can't imagine having to pitch with that pain in my shoulder.

If you pitch with it, it frays the rotator cuff. Supposedly.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've come to hate drafting pitchers with a really high pick. There's just so many ways for something to go wrong. I realize that when it goes right, it can pay large dividends, but that payoff doesn't come around often enough for me. Look at our 1st round picks over the last 15 years. Markakis, Wieters and Machado all panned out big time. Meanwhile, we are still waiting for a material return from a single pitcher we drafted in the 1st round. I still have hopes for Gausman and Harvey (and haven't given up 100% on Bundy), but I'm really weary of the attrition and disappointments.

I've come to hate drafting pitchers with a really high pick. There's just so many ways for something to go wrong. I realize that when it goes right, it can pay large dividends, but that payoff doesn't come around often enough for me. Look at our 1st round picks over the last 15 years. Markakis, Wieters and Machado all panned out big time. Meanwhile, we are still waiting for a material return from a single pitcher we drafted in the 1st round. I still have hopes for Gausman and Harvey (and haven't given up 100% on Bundy), but I'm really weary of the attrition and disappointments.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dr. Andrews told Bundy he had never seen the calcium buildup in a shoulder like Bundy's--that usually happens in quads and thighs. Rare case</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">June 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yep, major league salary.

Can we just cut bait? If so, do we owe him anything?

So frustrated....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, me too. I thought he would be at least an above average starter. It looks like he won't even be Brad Bergeson.

The O's have already paid him. We might as well keep him for a couple of years to see if he can even be a decent reliever.

:vader:

Yeah, me too. I thought he would be at least an above average starter. It looks like he won't even be Brad Bergeson.

The O's have already paid him. We might as well keep him for a couple of years to see if he can even be a decent reliever.

:vader:

Sure, if it doesn't really cost us much. It's hard to figure out what upside he has at this point. Tony laid it out very well. Velocity down and a lot of arm injuries. Those factors greatly outweigh being high on a prospect list a couple of years ago... years that we will be even further from by the time he's ready to even throw again.

If he was a 35th round pick with the same minor league story, stats, and age, what kind of interest would people have in seeing what he could do? They're still interested in the 18-year-old kid the Orioles drafted. He's not that guy anymore.

The Great Pumpkin may have as much chance of pitching in a meaningful game for the Orioles this year and maybe next as Bundy. This is why you never, and mean never give a high school kid a major league contract. Bundy was a classic "work out king" who was more mature physically earlier then everyone else. Hmmmm????? Shows up to pro ball, watches his velocity fall off his first professional season then the injuries. Comes back after TJ without the premium velocity, then more injuries.

Now he'll be out of options and may not be even healthy enough to pitch next season for all anyone knows. Honestly from the moment the Orioles brought him up and he looked like a shell of "top prospect" coming out of that bullpen it's been downhill.

I hope the guy can get healthy and help the team at some point, but I think the chances of him every fulfilling his lofty expectations when he was drafted are very, very remote. Moving him to a rebuilding team this offseason or at the trading deadline might not be the worse thing in the world if he's packaged right.

Bundy was never going to college and the Orioles caving in to his major league contract demands have bitten them square in the butt. Thankfully the slotting system has taken care of these kind of bad deals.

Agree 100% with this. A rebuilding team can afford to make room on their 25 man roster next year for him, even if he's (likely) not ready and/or healthy. The risk that he becomes an injury bust is now high enough in my opinion that I'm open to packaging him in the right deal for a frontline starter that can help us now, maybe Cole Hamels?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dr. Andrews told Bundy he had never seen the calcium buildup in a shoulder like Bundy's--that usually happens in quads and thighs. Rare case</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

Yikes. That can't be good

The Great Pumpkin may have as much chance of pitching in a meaningful game for the Orioles this year and maybe next as Bundy. This is why you never, and mean never give a high school kid a major league contract. Bundy was a classic "work out king" who was more mature physically earlier then everyone else. Hmmmm????? Shows up to pro ball, watches his velocity fall off his first professional season then the injuries. Comes back after TJ without the premium velocity, then more injuries.

Now he'll be out of options and may not be even healthy enough to pitch next season for all anyone knows. Honestly from the moment the Orioles brought him up and he looked like a shell of "top prospect" coming out of that bullpen it's been downhill.

I hope the guy can get healthy and help the team at some point, but I think the chances of him every fulfilling his lofty expectations when he was drafted are very, very remote. Moving him to a rebuilding team this offseason or at the trading deadline might not be the worse thing in the world if he's packaged right.

Bundy was never going to college and the Orioles caving in to his major league contract demands have bitten them square in the butt. Thankfully the slotting system has taken care of these kind of bad deals.

Tony, didn't the O's give Adam Loewen a major league contract out of high school too? You'd think they would have learned from that. Smh

This may be a case for Mulder and Scully.

X-Files-David-Duchovny.jpg

Archived