Dylan Bundy (Begins Throwing Program)

weams

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not counting on him for the rotation next year.

At this point you can't count on him for anything, even a mop-up role.

It's a terrible shame and I feel badly for him. He must be insanely frustrated.

I'm not really expected anything out of his career at this point, whatever he can do is a bonus. He could always emerge in a few years, heck he could even emerge next year. Never count a guy out. But if I was designing the team, he's not really in my plans anymore.

Dan Connolly ✔@danconnollysun

Dylan Bundy saw dr. Andrews today and there is calcification in the right shoulder causing soreness. Cant throw again until soreness is gone

5:12 PM - 29 Jun 2015

Dan Connolly ‏@danconnollysun

Bundy said Andrews said calcification in the back of shoulder is rare. Calcium won't leave, but will mature and stop causing pain w rest

Dan Connolly ✔@danconnollysun

Dylan Bundy saw dr. Andrews today and there is calcification in the right shoulder causing soreness. Cant throw again until soreness is gone

5:12 PM - 29 Jun 2015

Dan Connolly ‏@danconnollysun

Bundy said Andrews said calcification in the back of shoulder is rare. Calcium won't leave, but will mature and stop causing pain w rest

Well at least that's better then we don't know, but I'll be honest he may never be right I don't think Andrews really knows as even he admitted it's rare.

Well at least that's better then we don't know, but I'll be honest he may never be right I don't think Andrews really knows as even he admitted it's rare.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bundy said surgery def isn't a thought right now. Just rest. Would like to pitch this year, but not likely. "There's always a hope."</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">June 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hey are you that guy that waits for the Great Pumpkin on Halloween night?

The Great Pumpkin may have as much chance of pitching in a meaningful game for the Orioles this year and maybe next as Bundy. This is why you never, and mean never give a high school kid a major league contract. Bundy was a classic "work out king" who was more mature physically earlier then everyone else. Hmmmm????? Shows up to pro ball, watches his velocity fall off his first professional season then the injuries. Comes back after TJ without the premium velocity, then more injuries.

Now he'll be out of options and may not be even healthy enough to pitch next season for all anyone knows. Honestly from the moment the Orioles brought him up and he looked like a shell of "top prospect" coming out of that bullpen it's been downhill.

I hope the guy can get healthy and help the team at some point, but I think the chances of him every fulfilling his lofty expectations when he was drafted are very, very remote. Moving him to a rebuilding team this offseason or at the trading deadline might not be the worse thing in the world if he's packaged right.

Bundy was never going to college and the Orioles caving in to his major league contract demands have bitten them square in the butt. Thankfully the slotting system has taken care of these kind of bad deals.

So I have calcification on Achilles tendon (right foot). When I had knee surgery and stopped running it completely cleared up and I was pain free for the first time in 10 years. After a couple months of running it returned. Just something I've lived with most of my life. Very sore and stiff in the morning, but not bad after I get moving and in my case Doctors say it won't cause any damage. Can't imagine having to pitch with that pain in my shoulder.

Archived