Drum beat a little louder for Cubs deal

wildcard

The only FACT about this whole discussion is that everybody (including all those people who have sources) is going on rumor and speculation about every facet of this deal. Nobody knows which players have been offered, who's holding up the deal, whether PA is involved or not, etc. I can believe the Chicago reporters, you can believe the Baltimore reporters, and people can believe national reporters, but I still say only Hendry and McPhail know the true facts.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only FACT about this whole discussion is that everybody (including all those people who have sources) is going on rumor and speculation about every facet of this deal. Nobody knows which players have been offered, who's holding up the deal, whether PA is involved or not, etc. I can believe the Chicago reporters, you can believe the Baltimore reporters, and people can believe national reporters, but I still say only Hendry and McPhail know the true facts.

Not even they know who will be traded or it would have been done by now, so everyone is full of it, and a good weekend to all.

DeRosa is playing 3B today for the Cubs. Why would your everyday 2B play 3B?

Derosa is playing 3B as is with most teams in the Cactus lg is that when you are playing a game that requires a 2hr bus trip, lots of starters skip. This is why you see no D Lee, Soriano, Fukdome and such.

Quite honestly folks, I do not expect a trade to happen at all. After all the rumors and stories going back months it just seems like it has been an exercise in futility. I actually don't mind keeping Roberts but the whole will we/won't we trade situation has gotten beyond old. AM takes his sweet time and he does not have to answer to the fans on a timetable. But it does get frustrating. Maybe even less news out of the warehouse is better because then we don't get our hopes up or get into endless speculation on things. Of course what would the OH talk about then!! :D

DeRosa is playing 3B today for the Cubs. Why would your everyday 2B play 3B?

DeRosa is a glorified utility guy whose main position is 2B. He played 3B for 37 games last year (when Ramirez was on the DL), and he also spent some time in RF, LF, 1B, and SS.

Nothing to read into his position in today's game.

Derosa is playing 3B as is with most teams in the Cactus lg is that when you are playing a game that requires a 2hr bus trip, lots of starters skip. This is why you see no D Lee, Soriano, Fukdome and such.

Fine, but if Cedeno is going to be a utility guy, why isn't he playing there and letting your everyday 2B play the position that he is given that big contract for.

Fine, but if Cedeno is going to be a utility guy, why isn't he playing there and letting your everyday 2B play the position that he is given that big contract for.

Most likely answer would be to show the O's he can play there, but in all honesty I think we are reading too many things into what is going on.

Cedeno has played 2B, SS, and CF. I'm not aware of him playing 3B during his career.

There is a article from the Baltimore Sun saying Roberts is getting frustrated. He said he loves his teamates and Baltimore but at some point you want to win. I would link it here but I don't know how.

Yeah...I read that Harry. Its tough to feel sorry for a guy making millions of dollars playing a game, but I do kind of feel for the guy.

I'm guessing that he probably has told management that he wants to be dealt.

Yeah...I read that Harry. Its tough to feel sorry for a guy making millions of dollars playing a game, but I do kind of feel for the guy.

I guess all of us aren't the only ones getting tired of this crap. McPhail and/or Hendry has to pull the trigger on this deal or walk away and forget about it.

Money isn't everything. No matter how nice of a house/apartment you can afford, it's not easy to find one you like in less than a week. Not to mention that I think he'd like to leave Baltimore on good terms with the fans so to speak and this thing dragging out is making that harder on him. I think he's told management that he surely wouldn't mind being dealt to a contender but if he's going to stay here he'd really prefer not to be treated like the bag of recycling you carry around in your car until you have time to take it to the recycling center.

Archived