Things I Hate to See

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats because their managers wants the team to win. Buck is concerned about the poor little millionaires getting tired from actually working for a few minutes.

Little unfair to be honest.

Reality is that statistically relievers who are taxed to much see a decline in their effectiveness. If you wanna choose to ignore those facts simply out of spite that they "poor little millionaires" .....well....not so sure that is wise. Buck does not rest guys cause they are poor little millionaires. He does it cause the data shows that managing them efficiently maximizes their productivity.

Now if you want to criticize picking that particular moment to give him that rest....that is fair game IMO.

Little unfair to be honest.

Reality is that statistically relievers who are taxed to much see a decline in their effectiveness. If you wanna choose to ignore those facts simply out of spite that they "poor little millionaires" .....well....not so sure that is wise. Buck does not rest guys cause they are poor little millionaires. He does it cause the data shows that managing them efficiently maximizes their productivity.

Now if you want to criticize picking that particular moment to give him that rest....that is fair game IMO.

So you're saying that the bullpen could be worse with less rest? That seems hard to believe, considering how bad they are. To be honest, I realize Buck has to use what he has to work with. But if it was me, I have most of the bullpen and several of the starters doing things they could handle, like cleaning toilets or mowing lawns. Of course, that is assuming they could handle that.

So you're saying that the bullpen could be worse with less rest? That seems hard to believe, considering how bad they are. To be honest, I realize Buck has to use what he has to work with. But if it was me, I have most of the bullpen and several of the starters doing things they could handle, like cleaning toilets or mowing lawns. Of course, that is assuming they could handle that.

This post achieves the rare triple whammy of being classless, unfunny, and completely inaccurate. Congrats!

You do realize that the O's actually have one of the best bullpens in the majors, right? Their bullpen ERA is third-best in the AL, and the Orioles haven't lost a game they've led after 7 innings. Seems bizarre that you would choose one of the best aspects of the team as the object of your scorn.

Brian Matusz

Tommy Hunter

Anything good Arrieta / Strop do (really any former Orioles, especially those that sucked with us)

Watching David Lough's approach at the plate

Snider's swing and face (sorry)

Bud Norris

Giving runs right back immediately after scoring the last half inning

Not scoring when we have a runner on third and less than 2 outs

Not bunting when the shift is on / runners on 1st and 2nd, no outs, and the 8/9-hole hitter is up

Giving up home runs on a 0-2 / 1-2 count

When the catcher tries to backhand a ball in the dirt instead of dropping to their knees and blocking the ball (thankfully Wieters rarely does this, though he did last night)

Striking out 10+ times a night, EVERY night

Chasing terrible pitches

Swinging on the first pitch

Not throwing down when a runner advances on a "defensive indifference" even though our catcher has one of the best arms in baseball.

Not running out ground balls

Coming out of the pen and walking the first batter/ walking the hitter with bases loaded/ leadoff walks

The John Maine for Kris Benson trade

That should do it for now

Brian Matusz

Tommy Hunter

Anything good Arrieta / Strop do (really any former Orioles, especially those that sucked with us)

Watching David Lough's approach at the plate

Snider's swing and face (sorry)

Bud Norris

Giving runs right back immediately after scoring the last half inning

Not scoring when we have a runner on third and less than 2 outs

Not bunting when the shift is on / runners on 1st and 2nd, no outs, and the 8/9-hole hitter is up

Giving up home runs on a 0-2 / 1-2 count

When the catcher tries to backhand a ball in the dirt instead of dropping to their knees and blocking the ball (thankfully Wieters rarely does this, though he did last night)

Striking out 10+ times a night, EVERY night

Chasing terrible pitches

Swinging on the first pitch

Not throwing down when a runner advances on a "defensive indifference" even though our catcher has one of the best arms in baseball.

Not running out ground balls

Coming out of the pen and walking the first batter/ walking the hitter with bases loaded/ leadoff walks

The John Maine for Kris Benson trade

That should do it for now

WoW I think you got me covered... :laughlol: and Matusz is at the TOP of my list too!

Archived