Are these things connected?

wildcard

1) The O's have to make a roster move tomorrow to make room for Gausman.

2) Dan Duquette is with the team in New York.

3) Buck says he wants a player to solidify left field.

4) Dariel Alvarez is not in the Tides lineup tonight.

Trade in the work?

What do you think?

For Kevin send down Nolan. Lough can

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Urrutia is outhitting Alvarez these days. Honestly, I don't think either of them is likely to be any more of an answer than Reimold and Parmelee have been. At Norfolk:

Parmelee .312/.381/.444/.826

Reimold .286/.351/.389/.739

Urrutia .291/.345/.393/.738

Alvarez .275/.297/.429/.726

Alvarez was hot for a while, but has a .645 OPS in July. I don't see him posting an OBP above .300 as a major leaguer, and we have all the low OBP guys I can stand. I'd rather hang in there with Reimold than promote Alvarez.

Mike Wright or Zach Davies, Alvarez, and Snider for Jay Bruce.

The O's have about 5M to spend this year. Bruce has about 5M left on this year's contract. He has 12.5M on this contract next year and the O's have plenty of payroll space for that with the FA leaving. He has a 13M option for 2017 with a 1M buyout.

He is on pace for about 27 homers and currently has a 820 OPS. His career OPS is 793. He would play right field and Davis would move to left or 1B.

The Reds have had him on the trade market for a while.

I like it. :thumbsup1:

Reimold has made more than $3 mm playing baseball, and will continue earning more than enough money to support a family.

Reimold has earned $2 million not playing baseball. In many ways he is a very lucky guy. A late bloomer that has capitalized on a little more than one year's numbers. To the O's credit they stayed with him through the injuries. I have nothing against the man, but the continued hope that he'll return to his glory year but many here baffles me.

Archived