Are these things connected?

wildcard

1) The O's have to make a roster move tomorrow to make room for Gausman.

2) Dan Duquette is with the team in New York.

3) Buck says he wants a player to solidify left field.

4) Dariel Alvarez is not in the Tides lineup tonight.

Trade in the work?

What do you think?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The O's need a left fielder, and they need a right fielder. Chris Davis needs to return to 1B and Chris Parmelee needs to be designated for assignment.

Maybe Alvarez gets called up, they make a trade and they DFA both Reimold and Parmelee tomorrow.

I agree, except I'd DFA Snider along with Parmelee and keep Reimold......also, Lough would've caught that ball that Snider couldn't get to.

I think Alvarez is more likely in the trade. I doubt he'd be out of the lineup and coming to Baltimore with no trade announced yet. Alvarez and Parmalee or Reimold in trade is my best guess. No clue where though.

Looks like DD is in a bit of a "bind" here. What the heck do you do when your team is still at .500 with 70+ games to play and the non-waiver trade deadline is 10 days away? This team (as currently constructed) just recently won 18 of 23. If they again go on an 18 of 23 tear or something similar they will maybe be in first-place in the AL East (not to mention how something like that would enhance their "wildcard" chances). I just know I wouldn't want to be in DD's shoes right now!

Looks like DD is in a bit of a "bind" here. What the heck do you do when your team is still at .500 with 70+ games to play and the non-waiver trade deadline is 10 days away? This team (as currently constructed) just recently won 18 of 23. If they again go on an 18 of 23 tear or something similar they will maybe be in first-place in the AL East (not to mention how something like that would enhance their "wildcard" chances). I just know I wouldn't want to be in DD's shoes right now!

JMHO They are a .500 club SELL!!

JMHO They are a .500 club SELL!!

I agree with that. Mad Dog made a great point today, but now I can't recall which team he was talking about. He was describing a team (not the O's) that gets real hot pitching, and then real hot hitting- but never at the same time. Sound familiar? But he said that's the mark of a bad team. Not sure if there any are numbers to support that, but it made me think it might be a good idea to sell. I go back and forth on this, so what do I know. :D

Yeah I noticed Alvarez out of the lineup too. Probably just a regular day off for rest. He had played in a bunch of games in a row. As far as Parm goes, he got robbed of at least a double.

Chris Parmelee went 5 for 9 with 3 HR in his first two games against Philadelphia. Since then he has 1 HR and is hitting .192 in 78 at bats. He's hitting .162 with a ,427 OPS this month. He's been robbed a couple of times in that stretch, but he's hit a lot more weak ground balls, pop ups and cans of corn.

He's not the only guy who is a black hole offensively, but he's part of the problem.

Mike Wright or Zach Davies, Alvarez, and Snider for Jay Bruce.

The O's have about 5M to spend this year. Bruce has about 5M left on this year's contract. He has 12.5M on this contract next year and the O's have plenty of payroll space for that with the FA leaving. He has a 13M option for 2017 with a 1M buyout.

He is on pace for about 27 homers and currently has a 820 OPS. His career OPS is 793. He would play right field and Davis would move to left or 1B.

The Reds have had him on the trade market for a while.

Yeah I noticed Alvarez out of the lineup too. Probably just a regular day off for rest. He had played in a bunch of games in a row. As far as Parm goes, he got robbed of at least a double.

I didn't think Parm was robbed. Any CF with decent range catches that ball IMO. It stayed in the air too long.

Archived