It's Time to Promote Trey Mancini

sportsfan8703

Just a 4-4 day. Now batting .354 in Bowie. What does this guy have to do? A Mancini for Snider swap needs to happen. The guy is top 10 in doubles in two leagues right now. The Eastern League and the Carolina League. He's played in exactly 50 games in both. We at least need to put him in AAA.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listened to John Manuel on Brett Hollander's show tonight. He didn't sound real high on the guy. He didn't rip him but it sounds like bat speed is a concern. Also talked about how big a difference it is from AA to the big leagues.

I listened to John Manuel on Brett Hollander's show tonight. He didn't sound real high on the guy. He didn't rip him but it sounds like bat speed is a concern. Also talked about how big a difference it is from AA to the big leagues.

Did he say he's seen him play this year? I doubt he has. You're not putting up numbers like him with slow bat speed. Snider has the slowest bat speed on the team. He can't pull anything with authority. I'm not saying replace Davis with him. I'm saying that we can get rid of Snider and he can play vs LHP instead of having Parades bat RH.

Did he say he's seen him play this year? I doubt he has. You're not putting up numbers like him with slow bat speed. Snider has the slowest bat speed on the team. He can't pull anything with authority. I'm not saying replace Davis with him. I'm saying that we can get rid of Snider and he can play vs LHP instead of having Parades bat RH.

Before reading your post, about to say Snider myself.

Mancini is killing it. Certainly more to get excited about than Mr. .225 Almanazar. I guess the Orioles hope one day he will just click....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm that sounds a little unconvincing since most guys in professional baseball throw hard but who knows...

Logically, I would think something keeping guys out of majors is what it has always been...inability to hit breaking stuff and subpar strike recognition.

Most professional baseball players can hit the fastball except for snider lol

Nothing to lose from promoting him and cutting ties with Snider, who is giving us absolutely nothing. Ride the hot streak. I would probably wait until rosters expand though. In the mean time, I would like to see zero Travis Snider appearances in major league games.

Travis Snider was putting up a slash line of .337/.431/.663 at AAA at the age of 21.

So apparently you can put up numbers like that with slow bat speed.

Yeah-AAA is a 100% necessary stop to the majors--- or is it????

Very good point. I wouldn't mind seeing Mancini at AAA for the rest of this month, though.

Yes, I'd be fine with that. Some people are getting a little carried away here though. He's not well thought of by analysts and scouts. The plate discipline is bad (there seems to be a theme emerging) and it's not as if he's young for the level. This is not a guy that needs to be skipping levels to get to the majors immediately.

But I doubt his bat speed at 21 was as bad as it is now...

I doubt the difference is drastic either. It was always cited as the reason he never lived up to the prospect pedigree.

Matt Wieters put up even better numbers in AA than Mancini. How's that working out?

I doubt the difference is drastic either. It was always cited as the reason he never lived up to the prospect pedigree.

Matt Wieters put up even better numbers in AA than Mancini. How's that working out?

Well in fairness to Weiters, he was very valuable before his injury and obviously it's going to take some time for him to get back to form.

I guess we will find out on Mancini

Well in fairness to Weiters, he was very valuable before his injury and obviously it's going to take some time for him to get back to form.

I guess we will find out on Mancini

He is no switch hitting Jesus. Heck-if he could hit from one side of the plate I would be happy.

Archived