Parra to the Orioles (Done Deal)

TonySoprano

Who Would You Trade For?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Trade For?

• Gerardo Parra - 2 month rental
    • Ben Revere
    • Someone Else (Please name them in the comments)
    • Nobody. Not much worth it on the market.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please remember you said this. I think I'm going to start tracking the amount of people who have said this. Davies will end up the best player Duquette traded to this date, including E-Rod. Mark my words.

Trading Davies was of course a mistake... but keep an eye on Josh Hader.

He's pitching in the AFL after another very good season, this time at AA as a 21 yo.

He'll join Davies in the Brewers rotation some time next year.

It's not that I'm totally against trading prospects for immediate help for the ML roster it's just that I'm amazed that other organizations seem to pick our best nuggets while we cling to higher draft picks that will probably never pitch in the majors.

We should have Edrod, Davies, and Hader competing for spots in the rotation next year. All three are better than the guys we kept

I was done with Arrieta as well. I guess I am no expert in projecting pitching turn arounds.

Being an Arrieta advocate is like having been at Woodstock. A lot more people were there retroactively then were there at the time. The day Arrieta was traded you could find a lot more Hangouters who'd have put him in the Hayden Penn/Matt Riley bucket than the Mike Mussina bucket.

Trading Davies was of course a mistake... but keep an eye on Josh Hader.

He's pitching in the AFL after another very good season, this time at AA as a 21 yo.

He'll join Davies in the Brewers rotation some time next year.

It's not that I'm totally against trading prospects for immediate help for the ML roster it's just that I'm amazed that other organizations seem to pick our best nuggets while we cling to higher draft picks that will probably never pitch in the majors.

We should have Edrod, Davies, and Hader competing for spots in the rotation next year. All three are better than the guys we kept

EdRod, Davies and Hader have all been healthier than the guys we kept. I don't know that they have been better.

I was done with Arrieta as well. I guess I am no expert in projecting pitching turn around.

Being an Arrieta advocate is like having been at Woodstock. A lot more people were there retroactively then were there at the time. The day Arrieta was traded you could find a lot more Hangouters who'd have put him in the Hayden Penn/Matt Riley bucket than the Mike Mussina bucket.

The paid attendance for the game in which Bobby Thomson hit the game-winning home run off of Ralph Branca in 1951 was 34,320.

Since then, more than a quarter of a million people have claimed to have been there.

Arrieta was indeed part of My Original Big 10 from 2009.

However ...... by the time that Arrieta was traded, I had given up on him. In fact, if the Orioles had outright released him instead of trading him, I would not have been surprised (yes, Jake was that bad by the time we traded him.)

I was actually at Woodstock telling other concert goers about this stud pitcher named Arrieta whose career would start slow but would be a stud in the end, several decades in the future of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would anyone be opposed to resigning parra as part of a platoon with Pearce/Alvarez for one of our COF spots? I'd like that in conjunction with a legit COF option at the other spot.

Edit- clearly contract has to be right.

All about contract. If you're paying for one win, it's all good. Something like a 2/15 deal. Unfortunately I think he'll be looking for something more along the lines of 3/30. Which is an awful, awful lot for a guy who might OPS .700 with -10 defense.

Archived