Should Morneau get one in the ribs?

tim27

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm only returning the gracious courtesy I've been shown so far.

People aren't trolling you, its just you're having the same debate with about 5 guys right now, all who are offering contadictory opinions to each one of your points.

"Ozzie Guillen is considering giving a signifcant hunk of playing time to a player not likely to have an OBP as good as Mark Belanger's career mark and this is a bad thing for the White Sox" is my argument.

Well, I think that's something we can all agree with. The fact of the matter is we don't know what's going on in Chicago. But I'd venture to guess- duck a radical idea is coming- that Ozzie Guillen knows more about baseball, his players, and his team than anybody on this board does.

Terrero is a solid platoon guy..Good speed, hits lefties well and plus defensively. Versus lefties he would be better than Erstad, Podsednik and Anderson.

Erstad had a 630 OPS versus lefties from 2004-2006. He has also battled alot of injuries.

Podsednik has a 645 OPS versus lefties in that same time span.

To think these guys should be everyday players is a complete joke. Hell, POdsednik has a 698 OPS versus righties and Erstad has a 746 OPS versus righties in the same time frame. Do you think that is good?

A good point finally. However, Terrero COULD be a good platoon option. He hasn't yet proven himself to be anything. So to act as if its some clear cut decision is wrong, imo.

Did you really bring up Sweeney last year in the majors? 21 year old kid with 35 abs? LOL...What a terrible argument. Sweeney is young, is increasing his power and has had a decent, albeit not great OBP in the minors but he has also been young for the leagues he has been in

I did bring it up with the caveat that it was a small sample size. The kid looks like he COULD be a major leaguer in a year or two, or hell maybe in 07. But the same thing goes for him: Based on his actual record he isn't any better an option.

But I'd venture to guess- duck a radical idea is coming- that Ozzie Guillen knows more about baseball, his players, and his team than anybody on this board does.

He knows his players and team better, but I'll take Drungo, 1970, VaTech, or any of a bunch of othe guys to manage my team before I let Ozzie Guillen do it.

People aren't trolling you, its just you're having the same debate with about 5 guys right now, all who are offering contadictory opinions to each one of your points.

If somebody disagrees with me that's fine. NOBODY offered any points in the beginning other than the one that I obviously didn't know anything about baseball because I had the audacity to suggest that Ozzie isn't the worst manager to ever step in a dugout. I'm still waiting for you to add to this conversation other than giving me anonymous red chicklets and sniping at me from behind SG's skirt.

A good point finally. However, Terrero COULD be a good platoon option. He hasn't yet proven himself to be anything. So to act as if its some clear cut decision is wrong, imo.

I did bring it up with the caveat that it was a small sample size. The kid looks like he COULD be a major leaguer in a year or two, or hell maybe in 07. But the same thing goes for him: Based on his actual record he isn't any better an option.

Minor league numbers predict future success just as well as past major league numbers. They have to be adjusted more, but if a guy has hit lefties well in the minors, he's pretty likely to hit them well in the majors also.

If somebody disagrees with me that's fine. NOBODY offered any points in the beginning other than the one that I obviously didn't know anything about baseball because I had the audacity to suggest that Ozzie isn't the worst manager to ever step in a dugout. I'm still waiting for you to add to this conversation other than giving me anonymous red chicklets and sniping at me from behind SG's skirt.

Not worth it, welcome to the Sapper club, buddy.

Well, we KNOW the other guys ARE garbage. That has been proven. Terrero had a 900+ OPS in the minors last year. I have very little doubt he could give a 780-820 OPS(against lefties) with good defense and good speed and that is a much better option than sending out the slugs they are currently sending out.

So, going into last year, you would have been happier with Conine starting over Markakis, right?

He knows his players and team better, but I'll take Drungo, 1970, VaTech, or any of a bunch of othe guys to manage my team before I let Ozzie Guillen do it.

Well, that's just dumb. Would you let a guy who's done a few simulations fly a jet full of passengers? I don't think so. Only in baseball is the amateur's arrogance so complete that they actually think they know more than the pros.

Not worth it, welcome to the Sapper club, buddy.

If it isn't worth it, stop posting on the thread every five minutes and leave this to people who acutally care to discuss baseball.

Well, that's just dumb. Would you let a guy who's done a few simulations fly a jet full of passengers? I don't think so. Only in baseball is the amateur's arrogance so complete that they actually think they know more than the pros.

Can I give you a nickel's worth of free advice?

You should coach your posts a little better, because you are coming off super confrontational right now.

Archived