Lough DFA (Outrighted to Norfolk)

TonySoprano

Hmm, Wieters was injured for most of last year. Chen, Gonzo, and Norris were all DD additions. ODay was a Buck addition.

Dont see the point in trashing DD to make AM look better.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Go look and lookitspuck's post like 2 post above I don't need to say anything else. Duquette wet the bet and there's no slicing it any other way. If you wanna continue to drink the Orange drink and be blind to the obvious then be my guest. Last year was fun there's no doubt about that but when you are that close its time you add the missing piece or two to get you over the hump and instead we are worse. That falls on Dan. If you don't agree that's fine. I don't think the guy is the right fit at this time. Maybe I'm right maybe I'm wrong... Time will tell.

If you have your hopes set on the playoffs all I can say is I'm here if you want to vent when we don't make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you have this post saved in a Word file somewhere? You are a broken clock. You hate DD. We get it.

I hope people realize if he was a GM of a larger market team and if Cruz, Markakis and Miller are still here he looks smarter.

Go look and lookitspuck's post like 2 post above I don't need to say anything else. Duquette wet the bet and there's no slicing it any other way. If you wanna continue to drink the Orange drink and be blind to the obvious then be my guest. Last year was fun there's no doubt about that but when you are that close its time you add the missing piece or two to get you over the hump and instead we are worse. That falls on Dan. If you don't agree that's fine. I don't think the guy is the right fit at this time. Maybe I'm right maybe I'm wrong... Time will tell.

If you have your hopes set on the playoffs all I can say is I'm here if you want to vent when we don't make it.

Can you explain to me how I am being blind? I see you slinging mud but talking out your rear end. I am sorry if logic and balance is too much for you to comprehend. Putting all the success on AM's core is just flat out wrong.

Lough simply isn't a very good baseball player and I don't mind seeing him go. However, I will say its pretty mind boggling that Junior Lake is staying on the roster for no reason reason it seems. If MW is healthy I'd think tomorrow Cleveranger goes down for Henry which leaves us once again with way too many OFers.

It doesn't make much sense to me to keep 2 RH OF players with Parra here.

Lough is terrible. I can't believe people are upset to see him go.

Surely we can find some other all-defense no-hit speedster for league minimum somewhere. Preferably one who has a clue on how to steal a base.

Did you read the thread? I don't think there is a single post lamenting his loss.

Sometimes, WAR is an ass. Why WAR ranked Snider as a good defender, I'll never know. I'd rather have Markakis than Snider + Lough any day. But I was referring to the many posts saying that one of them would be better than Markakis by themselves.

As to De Aza, it adds insult to injury that he actually started producing when he left here. Meanwhile, Parra was the hottest hitter in baseball when we acquired him and is ice cold as an Oriole. Things just aren't going our way this year.

"Just aren't going our way".

In my eyes, it's Duquette buying high and selling low. And buying everything in sight (quantity) and hope something turns into quality.

I think it's both. I've been very vocal about my disgust for the Davies/Parra trade, as I was about the Miller/Rodriguez trade. Like you, Puck, I'm skeptical that DD is going to be capable of building a consistent winner, and giving Davies up for Parra was particularly distressing. I also think Frobby is letting DD off the hook too easy by just writing off Parra's collapse as simply bad luck, considering all the signs were there that he was over performing. That's like betting during the middle of winter that tomorrow is going to be a bright, sunny day because there was some sun out yesterday. It's just bad process, and makes me anxious about Dan's decision making going forward.

I didn't mind trading de Aza, as he was truly terrible while in Baltimore and we had far too many outfielders on the roster at the time. That was a totally justifiable move that, like Frobby said, just didn't go our way. At least in the de Aza trade we got Gunkel, who is doing very well.

I didn't put all the success on AM's core. But he definitely put the team in a good position for Duquette. Is that out of my rear?

And the fact you think me pointing out what Duquette has done wrong is just throwing mud makes you blind to me. I feel like your crush for Duquette may be too great to realize he didn't field us a winner this year.

I dont think it does. If it doesnt make us worse then why complain about it? But I understand if they want to give Lake an extended trial.

Because you don't risk giving something of even questionable value up if it isn't at least a good chance of an upgrade.

Why can't Lake's trial start in a couple weeks?

Did you read the thread? I don't think there is a single post lamenting his loss.

Yeah in terms of playing ability, the only thing people are lamenting is the loss of him as a defensive sub. More people are just scratching their head about the somewhat arbitrary approach of the front office over the past few weeks.

I didn't mind trading de Aza, as he was truly terrible while in Baltimore and we had far too many outfielders on the roster at the time. That was a totally justifiable move that, like Frobby said, just didn't go our way. At least in the de Aza trade we got Gunkel, who is doing very well.

Yep, there is a trade he may have won; Gunkel has been awesome.

Going into the season, I was totally OK with Dan's OF moves - I was wrong. Dan was too. Have to do better...

Yep, there is a trade he may have won; Gunkel has been awesome.

Going into the season, I was totally OK with Dan's OF moves - I was wrong. Dan was too. Have to do better...

I'm legitimately curious about Gunkel. In the minors, it looks like he may have won this trade. But if Gunkel doesn't contribute meaningfully to the major league roster...it's another failed trade. FWIW, I'm merely talking hindsight. If Duquette didn't have a million OF'ers on the roster or didn't tender De Aza a contract...it's one less thing to sour about. Or, if De Aza was allowed to play through his struggles without Buck having to shuffle a million OF'ers because of Duquette's roster mismanagement....it's also a different situation, yeah?

I'm legitimately curious about Gunkel. In the minors, it looks like he may have won this trade. But if Gunkel doesn't contribute meaningfully to the major league roster...it's another failed trade. FWIW, I'm merely talking hindsight. If Duquette didn't have a million OF'ers on the roster or didn't tender De Aza a contract...it's one less thing to sour about. Or, if De Aza was allowed to play through his struggles without Buck having to shuffle a million OF'ers because of Duquette's roster mismanagement....it's also a different situation, yeah?

I think he had a very poor year. Too many uncertain players in the corner OF spots, which made it tough on the players and on Buck. The bullpen had limited flexibility with players that could not be optioned.

Archived