It's time for Wally Backman!

BradyBunch

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, it's the bench coach. Wow!

Not saying it's a bench coach.. but we don't have a guy (coach wise) that can get into the faces of players and say what needs to be said. In fact.. John Russell is a very quiet guy. A bench coach's job is to be on top if it. A sounding board for a manager along with making sure players are ready for the day.

Not saying it's a bench coach.. but we don't have a guy (coach wise) that can get into the faces of players and say what needs to be said. In fact.. John Russell is a very quiet guy. A bench coach's job is to be on top if it. A sounding board for a manager along with making sure players are ready for the day.

Lollygaggers!

If there is one thing I've learned in life it's this. Never publicly criticize and condemn your subordinates, business partners, associates, superiors, etc. Never, ever do it publicly.

Buck and the coaches should never call out players and throw them under the bus to the media. Never.

If there is one thing I've learned in life it's this. Never publicly criticize and condemn your subordinates, business partners, associates, superiors, etc. Never, ever do it publicly.

Buck and the coaches should never call out players and throw them under the bus to the media. Never.

I never said call them out in public. This is ignorance on your part. But I bet everything I have.. that in the O's club house there isn't a massive chewing out going on by anybody on the O's coaching staff. None. We have a coaching staff that tends to be buddy buddy. You need a Wally Backman to do it behind the doors if Buck isn't gonna do it. Adam Jones saying stuff doesn't mean anything because he's failing too.

No it's time for better players. You can only get so much out of this group. The sad thing is Davis, Chen, Wieters and O'day are gone and will most likely be replaced with lesser players. DD really screwed us last off season.

I don't know what John Russell is like in the clubhouse. You don't think Buck says what needs to be said to players? You think he needs Wally Backman to do it?

Buck is buddy buddy and puts 100% faith in guys we've seen it from 2012 til today. Reality is.. Buck isn't the Buck of NYY, Rangers or Diamondbacks.

I never said call them out in public. This is ignorance on your part. But I bet everything I have.. that in the O's club house there isn't a massive chewing out going on by anybody on the O's coaching staff. None. We have a coaching staff that tends to be buddy buddy. You need a Wally Backman to do it behind the doors if Buck isn't gonna do it. Adam Jones saying stuff doesn't mean anything because he's failing too.

We can only speculate behind closed doors what goes on. Buck to seems like the kind of the guy, (the older Buck) to just cut your ass rather than chew you out.

What if he became highly critical of the players? What would their response be? Probably along the lines of "He couldn't even hit minor league pitching".

We can only speculate behind closed doors what goes on. Buck to seems like the kind of the guy, (the older Buck) to just cut your ass rather than chew you out.

What if he became highly critical of the players? What would their response be? Probably along the lines of "He couldn't even hit minor league pitching".

Very few major league managers are hitters. Most are managers or got to be managers because they sucked. Weaver chewed everybody out and he was a **** ball player.

I really don't know what you mean. Do you think Buck puts up with guys not giving 100% effort. Do you think Buck is too buddy, buddy with the players and won't get in their face in private if they need it? Do you think someone getting in their face is going to make them play better? Just which players on the team do you think have needed that and haven't gotten it?

Everyone of these pitchers. Some hitters as well. Let's put it this way.. our youngest hitters are actually better then our vets.

There's a reason this idiot doesn't have a ML job. He wouldn't last two minutes in a ML clubhouse talking to grown men like that before someone took him apart.

There is a reason why you shouldn't post here. He's been a MiLB coach for years. He was actually hired by the Diamondback to be their manager in 2005, his colorful past, wrong or right caught up to him.. and Diamondbacks dropped him after a NYT article. Since then he's been a manager in independent ball all the way to AAA since. He's also managed the Mets current pitching staff in some way.. That means Harvey and De Grom.

So Buck hasn't been hard enough on Tillman, Gonzalez, and Ubaldo. If he had gotten in their face and said "You suck! Pitch better" that would have done the trick, huh?

I think there is no voice in the club house that will said what needs to be said. Rather there are two voices of the same motto. Meaning we don't have a bad cop good cop thing in the club house.

You posted a topic praising Adam Jones. Adam Jones isn't saying anything that isn't just a media sound bite. Adam Jones isn't leading ****. He's saying what has to be said to the press and on the field he's playing like a player who's lost the plot as well. Can't be a team leader or running your mouth when you had a horrible August.. with a sup .250 BA and so on.

Archived