Buck to try to give his starters some rest

wildcard

I tried to float that earlier this season and was shot down quickly. I think their plan was always to give him the chance to make it as a starter.

I don't know who shot you down but I agree with you and have heard others discuss that as well.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, in general I think Buck tends to overuse his regulars, but that's certainly not the case this year. Between injuries/platoons/ineffectiveness, the O's have only 3 players who have played 100 or more games this year (Machado, Davis, Jones). For a team that has played 122 games, that seems like a surprisingly low amount.

By comparison, the Yankees have 9 players with 100+ games. The Blue Jays have 7.

Interesting information. I would expect the Yankees to be overusing their best players; their manager is Girardi. I did not know Showalter had the same problem.

Interesting information. I would expect the Yankees to be overusing their best players; their manager is Girardi. I did not know Showalter had the same problem.

I thinks is pretty common for most managers to ride their best players. Run the numbers, and unless injuries, their stars barely sit.

Archived