vs. RAYS, 9/18

OFFNY

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it was Bo Diaz who was banned for life for gambling would you care?

Would you be bringing up his name right now?

There are more I can name going back to 1870s. I absolutely care when MLB is part of gambling and advertising it on its network with other networks who have TV deals with them. If betting on baseball is illegal for players and such. It should be banned form MLB being a partner and profiting on it.

Wilson gave up the homer ... Not Schoop. Can't assume double plays.

95 times out of 100 played out generically, that play results in a double play if fielded by the shortstop with catcher running.

Right.

The official scorer cannot assume the double play, but people watching the games and players playing the games will tell you that a routine double play play ought to result in a double play.

I'm sure that Schoop himself would tell you that he should have made that (double) play.

There are more I can name going back to 1870s. I absolutely care when MLB is part of gambling and advertising it on its network with other networks who have TV deals with them. If betting on baseball is illegal for players and such. It should be banned form MLB being a partner and profiting on it.

For some reason I think you, and others, care a LOT more because it is this specific individual.

I think that if it someone like Bo Diaz the general populous wouldn't care a whit what happened to him.

To me it is simple, the employer set forth a rule, he broke it.

Archived