vs. RAYS, 9/18

OFFNY

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. Don't assume why I care. Jarred Cossart was fined last year for making a non baseball bet on sports.

To me, its this simple.. If your employer bans betting, it should not be involved by ownership in betting and plugging the betting site on its MLB network (in this case).

Once MLB did this it nullified betting for the employees.

To me it is simple, you want to work someplace you follow their rules.

If you have a problem with them being involved in gambling and you not being able to then don't work for them.

Their employees impact the games, they manage, coach, umpire or play in games. I get your point to an extent but very different.

Who makes the rules? Who hands down suspensions? Who pays the umps? Fact is MLB has alot of control over games and outcomes. For example MLB changed the rules on two Cuban player under the age 18. MLB has screwed 6 teams out of signing them because those teams expected those players not to hit the market until 2016.

So yes its a big deal when you have control over what I listed.

Who makes the rules? Who hands down suspensions? Who pays the umps? Fact is MLB has alot of control over games and outcomes. For example MLB changed the rules on two Cuban player under the age 18. MLB has screwed 6 teams out of signing them because those teams expected those players not to hit the market until 2016.

So yes its a big deal when you have control over what I listed.

Every business has rules.

Archived