Front Office issues

eddie83

What his attitude should or shouldn't be based on your opinion or mine isn't relevant. I am not accusing him of ditching his responsibilities but that doesn't mean everyone is happy.

I really don't care if Duquette is 100% happy. Just so long as any disappointment doesn't interfere with him doing his job as best he can. Lots of people have some dissatisfaction with their job for one reason or another but still do the best they can.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don't care if Duquette is 100% happy. Just so long as any disappointment doesn't interfere with him doing his job as best he can. Lots of people have some dissatisfaction with their job for one reason or another but still do the best they can.

Also, Boston is facing the Orioles this week. Nice time to get some controversy flying in the press.

All true. Why does this talk keep coming up? I am sure Buck is highly opinionated. Buck has to be one of the most powerful managers in the sport. Buck is also popular with fans and most importantly the owner.

Why is it that every article that is negative towards the Orioles are always inaccurate? All stories that aren't pro Orioles are written by hacks?

I think many Negative Orioles articles are accurate. I think negative articles written by former taunters and opponent team writers are always suspect. Heck our own Publisher writes negative Orioles article all the time. There are plenty of things to be negative about.

All true. Why does this talk keep coming up? I am sure Buck is highly opinionated. Buck has to be one of the most powerful managers in the sport. Buck is also popular with fans and most importantly the owner.

I think that kicking the Orioles when they are down is a national team sport. I am very happy with Buck as our manager myself. I think he is great.

And when it is painfully obvious the other team, in this case a division rival, tampered with the GM? (btw Dan isn't a GM)

Dan was under contract and he most likely had prohibited communications with another team.

I don't see why he should be rewarded.

Everyone gets tampered with. Literally everyone. At every level. Even if Angelos was pissed it would be pretty standard to at least toss a slight pay bump or something to Duquette.

The only FO issue I'm concerned with is how they approach this offseason. If they're going to let the FA go, and I'm sure they will, there needs to be a serious plan. Nothing will make me more disheartened than the ride the fence approach they took at the deadline, and that I'm expecting this offseason. Make a decision, and go all in with it.

I think that kicking the Orioles when they are down is a national team sport. I am very happy with Buck as our manager myself. I think he is great.

It isn't an organized thing, but after 14 years of losing, winning seasons don't eliminate the cloud of suspicion and negativity regarding the Orioles' chances for contention.

Three winning seasons isn't enough. You know what gets people excited about a team on a national level?

A world series title. That would do it.

Also, there's always some kind of weirdness coming out of the Orioles front office. It feels perpetually dysfunctional no matter how the team is doing.

I believe there's tension. That's what happens when a GM is so distracted by another gig that he fails at his current job.

MSK

Let me say, I don't think Nick Cafardo is a hack. But I don't think his latest article is anything more than a repeat of what he said before. So I don't think it means anything that it "keeps coming up," except that Cafardo had some space to fill and repeated something he'd already written. He can write it five more times and it doesn't make the situation any worse.

Let me say, I don't think Nick Cafardo is a hack. But I don't think his latest article is anything more than a repeat of what he said before. So I don't think it means anything that it "keeps coming up," except that Cafardo had some space to fill and repeated something he'd already written. He can write it five more times and it doesn't make the situation any worse.

I retract the hack. He's a homer. There is that better?

I have no way of knowing but I don't think it would have been unanimous.

I think SOP would be a bump in salary or whatever to compensate for not letting him go. I think orgs do that when they want to retain their talent and still be a desirable landing spot for would-be talent.

Archived