Let's Chill With Huff Boo's

oriolefaith

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the boo-birds are booing him based on performance. They didn't boo him last year when he stunk. I think it's directed at his comments. And, since poor performance didn't start it, I don't expect 1 good performance to end it. Mr. Huff can probably expect them to keep booing him. I don't agree with booing home town players, but I'm not in much of a rush to defend him in this case.

I don't think the boo-birds are booing him based on performance. They didn't boo him last year when he stunk. I think it's directed at his comments. And, since poor performance didn't start it, I don't expect 1 good performance to end it. Mr. Huff can probably expect them to keep booing him. I don't agree with booing home town players, but I'm not in much of a rush to defend him in this case.

He's apologized. What else do you want him to do?

By the way, did anyone notice that Kevin Millar had hair littering his face? I don't know so well, but isn't that, um, against the rules?

Are you sure it wasn't just shadows and/or dirt? Or, maybe he's permitted to follow the rules of the Beantown Red Sox?

My opinion is if you're not booing Millar for referring to the Red Sox as "we" during last year's playoffs, then you shouldn't be booing Huff. I would take Millar's comments to be more offensive to my team.

Personally, I wouldn't boo either at this point. I'm just enjoying having Orioles baseball back on my TV, at least until they pull off a 2-20 stretch in June to quell my interest.

Interesting quotes from <a href="http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/roch/blog/2008/04/fireworks_tonight_without_the_smoke.html">Roch's</a> latest:

Nice post-game remark from Aubrey Huff: “I’ve been taking it pretty good the last few days. But hopefully that game will win some hearts back.”

Did it?

“That was the sweetest home run I ever hit,” he said of his two-run shot in the sixth. “I ain’t going to lie to you. I hit that ball and I [said], ‘Just please just get out.’”

I was never really on board with booing the guy, but this is the most motivated I've seen him as an Oriole. Maybe the booing should continue.

Make him pay Baltimore back with a few more clutch RBIs.

My opinion is if you're not booing Millar for referring to the Red Sox as "we" during last year's playoffs, then you shouldn't be booing Huff. I would take Millar's comments to be more offensive to my team.

Personally, I wouldn't boo either at this point. I'm just enjoying having Orioles baseball back on my TV, at least until they pull off a 2-20 stretch in June to quell my interest.

I was trying to figure out the Millar thing. Is it just that at this point people accept he's basically an idiot, a loveable guy, lil thick in the brainpan, and what he says just doesn't matter?

And I booed Aubrey on Opening Day. It was fun. Mmmmmob mentality. I do think I'm done booing him. As long as he hits .400. :D

Archived