Let's Chill With Huff Boo's

oriolefaith

Come on now i understand in made an insult on the Radio against Baltimore. That is fine he deserves a Booo When his name was announced. From now though lets get give him some Cheers because he still has Oriole on the front of his jersey. The guy did hit for cycle last season been a while since that has happen. He is a Oriole and if you are going to cheer on the O's you have to cheer the all on. Aubrey Huff i forgive you. GO O's

This is a very nice post. Nice of you. Nice message about Aubrey. And nice way to keep a positive attitude on the board.

I may not always know how or what to say on here, but having opportunities to thank somone for a comment like this goes a long way for me and making me enjoy the game and this site. pos rep for you

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder how many of the incensed Baltimorons actually live within the city limits of Baltimore? I doubt that most of the patrons of OPACYdo.

That is something I was wondering. I can somewhat understand someone actually from Baltimore taking offense to his comments, but I am willing to wager that a good amount of people that are "furious" have no connection to the city. Just booing because they think it is the cool thing to do.

That is something I was wondering. I can somewhat understand someone actually from Baltimore taking offense to his comments, but I am willing to wager that a good amount of people that are "furious" have no connection to the city. Just booing because they think it is the cool thing to do.

Why do you have to be from Baltimore to have the right to disapprove of what he said? It's not unreasonable to want your players to represent the city they play for proudly, whether you live in Baltimore, Owings Mills or Washington DC. What do you think would happen to a member of the Yankees who said something bad about the Bronx? The fans there would eat him for breakfast, whether they were from Manhattan, Queens, Yonkers or New Jersey, for that matter. I'm getting tired of the boos myself, but this provincial argument is not a good one.

I have never lived in the city, but I identify with city since I grew up in the Baltimore metropolitan area. You can have pride in the city if you didn't grow up there. If you grew up in the surrounding counties, it's just as offensive. I would have booed Aubrey if I was there on opening day, and probably would continue to boo him through this week. It does appear he has finally apologized, so the boos should die after this week though.

Funny how you can forgive Huff now, but not Millar.

To me both are now non issues. Things have been bad with the Orioles for a long time now. These side issues really are just more cannon fodder for people to be mad about. This season and group feels like a fresh start to me. Huff and Millar get a pardon for their goofy antics because the front of their shirt says Orioles. I hope they both have career years and we can enjoy their on field exploits. In addition if they have great years, or first halves, they have trade value. Light it up guys.

I have never lived in the city, but I identify with city since I grew up in the Baltimore metropolitan area. You can have pride in the city if you didn't grow up there. If you grew up in the surrounding counties, it's just as offensive. I would have booed Aubrey if I was there on opening day, and probably would continue to boo him through this week. It does appear he has finally apologized, so the boos should die after this week though.
Why do you have to be from Baltimore to have the right to disapprove of what he said? It's not unreasonable to want your players to represent the city they play for proudly, whether you live in Baltimore, Owings Mills or Washington DC. What do you think would happen to a member of the Yankees who said something bad about the Bronx? The fans there would eat him for breakfast, whether they were from Manhattan, Queens, Yonkers or New Jersey, for that matter. I'm getting tired of the boos myself, but this provincial argument is not a good one.

Point taken. But I think the Yankees comparison is a little different. I think the media would have eaten him for breakfast, then the fans would have. The media has not really been on Aubrey too hard.

I just look at the situation from my personal standpoint, my post was my opinion and we all look at things differently. I just look at it as a stupid, off the cuff remark that he never thought would get this much attention. I was never really that bothered by it, I just thought it was dumb. He apologized, and to me it is in the past. He obviously feels remorse for it.

It has gotten blown out of proportion and most of the people that are angry about it have no idea what context it was in, where it was, or what it is about. I am not saying that about anyone here, but if you ask 10 people on the street about Aubrey Huff's statements, you will probably get 10 different answers as to what he said.

I, for one am tired of it at this point and just want it to go away. I am going to try and ignore this thread from now on :)

I am waiting for the "beating the dead horse" pictures to show up any time now.

I wonder how many of the incensed Baltimorons actually live within the city limits of Baltimore? I doubt that most of the patrons of OPACYdo.

First of all, I am not one of the "incensed". I thought Huff said something stupid. He should have apologized for what he said simply for the reason that he offended people whether your or I thought it was harmless, silly, stupid, funny, or whatever. It was the right thing to do.

And he did it. Now, it is time for the fans to cut him some slack and let it go.

But, what is your point about living within the city? Are you suggesting that only those who do have the right to complain, be offended, or offer an opinion involving the city? :confused:

I have NEVER lived within the city limits of Baltimore.

I grew up within a mile or two from the city line. And have lived most of my life within 20 miles of the city line.

So, I consider myself a true Baltimorean.

First of all, I am not one of the "incensed". I thought Huff said something stupid. He should have apologized for what he said simply for the reason that he offended people whether your or I thought it was harmless, silly, stupid, funny, or whatever. It was the right thing to do.

And he did it. Now, it is time for the fans to cut him some slack and let it go.

But, what is your point about living within the city? Are you suggesting that only those who do have the right to complain, be offended, or offer an opinion involving the city? :confused:

I have NEVER lived within the city limits of Baltimore.

I grew up within a mile or two from the city line. And have lived most of my life within 20 miles of the city line.

So, I consider myself a true Baltimorean.

My point is if these incensed folks are bursting with so much civic pride, why don't they do something about the city's many troubles. Most of the people who actually live in B'more are poor and can't afford to go to the ballpark. But that doesn't seem to bother people as much as Huff's antics on a moronic frat boy radio show. I find the priorities of such civic minded folk curious.

Maybe it has something to do with living in the 'burbs where they can come into the city and enjoy it's inner harbor, OPACY, etc., but live far enough away to avoid it's unpleasantries.

Archived