Jones - "I'm not an accountant...You Have to Spend Some of the Money"

TonySoprano

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is he a scout for a particular team? Or is he mainly a writer for Baseball Prospectus?

He is a regional scout for MLB Scouting Bureau. I think. He is an amateur scout. Pretty sure several teams subscribe to his official write-ups. And no, not for a magazine. Kevin Goldstein from the Astros hired him initially. If I have the story straight.

I answer this because I suspect his personal humility would prevent it other than correcting me if I am mistaken.

Is he a scout for a particular team? Or is he mainly a writer for Baseball Prospectus?

I have done associate scout work with a particular club, do legal/FO baseball ops work for another club, and have friends/associates throughout several organizations at different levels.

Not sure, he'll have to answer that for himself.

Edit: Or just whatever weams says. That's often the answer.

I have done associate scout work with a particular club, do legal/FO baseball ops work for another club, and have friends/associates throughout several organizations at different levels.

I was Kinda a doctor...

Interaction with FO members and players. You?
You actually know FO members and players? You talked directly to them about this subject?
He is a regional scout for MLB Scouting Bureau. I think. He is an amateur scout. Pretty sure several teams subscribe to his official write-ups. And no, not for a magazine. Kevin Goldstein from the Astros hired him initially. If I have the story straight.

I answer this because I suspect his personal humility would prevent it other than correcting me if I am mistaken.

I enjoyed that immensely.

I love, love, love that Jones is putting pressure on the FO to open up the checkbook and sign some quality players. The guy is a winner. He's been nothing short of a true team leader since he got here.

We'll see what happens...

I don't expect anything Adam says to influence the front office's decisions one iota. I'm sure they will hear him out politely.

It's a shame that you have such a passionate player and leader who wants to win, but can't because your Front Office loves to be fraudulent. At the same time I guess I can't get mad at the Orioles. When you're worth 1 billion dollars, I guess I would be in chill mode too. (Not really) Cheer up, Adam, you'll be on a winning team eventually. Just won't be with the Orioles unfortunately.

It's a shame that you have such a passionate player and leader who wants to win, but can't because your Front Office loves to be fraudulent. At the same time I guess I can't get mad at the Orioles. When you're worth 1 billion dollars, I guess I would be in chill mode too. (Not really) Cheer up, Adam, you'll be on a winning team eventually. Just won't be with the Orioles unfortunately.

We'll win eventually. Just need to get rid of some of the coaches in Frederick, Bowie and Norfolk; and make ourselves the St. Louis Cardinals of the east.

Archived