No David Price, Thank You

JR Oriole

This guy is now 1-6 in the postseason with an ERA near 5. He is clearly NOT a big game pitcher, as he is always getting outpitched by whatever scrub opposes him. We need people who perform well in October and his 45+ innings are enough of a sample size to see that he really struggles on the big stage. Mr. Anything But October I suppose.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">David Price could join Randy Johnson as the only pitchers in history to lose 6 straight postseason starts.</p>— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="

">October 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Price is not right, 0-6, in postseason. Rangers lasso the Jay's on the road <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/hugeupset?src=hash">#hugeupset</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/masnOrioles">@masnOrioles</a></p>— Jim Palmer (@Jim22Palmer) <a href="

">October 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So you wouldn't want Kershaw either I am guessing?

Great comparison, as he has been just as awful as Price. The Cardinals own him and that is why we never see the Dodgers in the World Series.

I would MUCH rather have Bumgarner, who is mammoth in October...especially in the World Series.

This guy is now 1-6 in the postseason with an ERA near 5. He is clearly NOT a big game pitcher, as he is always getting outpitched by whatever scrub opposes him. We need people who perform well in October and his 45+ innings are enough of a sample size to see that he really struggles on the big stage. Mr. Anything But October I suppose.

So you dont want to get to October in the first place?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

JR Oriole said:

This guy is now 1-6 in the postseason with an ERA near 5. He is clearly NOT a big game pitcher, as he is always getting out-pitched by whatever scrub opposes him. We need people who perform well in October, and his 45+ innings are enough of a sample size to see that he really struggles on the big stage. "Mr. Anything But October," I suppose.

o

Yes, we do need people who perform well in October.

We also need people who perform well in the regular season to get to October in the first place, like Adam Jones.

o

So you dont want to get to October in the first place?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I want to get to October and then I want my ace to win games, not lose them all. Showing up in October is great, but I want to win a championship. Is this guy winning us a title? His record says no.

He costs an awful lot of money for being awful when it counts.

Hey, if this lowers his price into the Orioles range I'd love it. And if "awful" is his 4:1 K:BB ratio in the postseason before today, I'll take awful all day long.

You think 45 IP spanning 7 years is a large enough sample size? Sheesh....

Archived