No David Price, Thank You

JR Oriole

You think 45 IP spanning 7 years is a large enough sample size? Sheesh....

Some people will grasp at any excuse to rationalize not signing quality players at market value, as if the game is based on wins per payroll dollar and not simply wins.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some people will grasp at any excuse to rationalize not signing quality players at market value, as if the game is based on wins per payroll dollar and not simply wins.

I have not seen any data that indicates that teams with the most FAs in their lineup win the most games. I haven't.

I have not seen any data that indicates that teams with the most FAs in their lineup win the most games. I haven't.

Talent wins. Talented pitching helps. Since the Orioles haven't drafted and developed talented starting pitchers the caliber of David Price since Mike Mussina, FA and trades are the only other means available to acquire that kind of talent. And if you trade for a quality starter you probably have to pay him too.

But don't put FA in the line up, but Hobgood and Bundy aren't anchoring your rotation next year, and Chen won't either. Maybe the O's can trade for a 20 game winner. Jones for Arrieta?

I wouldn't mind that Gallardo guy.

Is anyone else shocked that Gallardo speaks English without an accent? My mind has never been so blown in my existence on this Earth. Granted, he went to HS in Texas, but he was born in Mexico. Heck, I still speak with a North Dakota accent, and I've been in Baltimore half my life.

Is anyone else shocked that Gallardo speaks English without an accent? My mind has never been so blown in my existence on this Earth. Granted, he went to HS in Texas, but he was born in Mexico. Heck, I still speak with a North Dakota accent, and I've been in Baltimore half my life.

I was quite surprised.

What Braniac gave him 11 days rest?
Same one that started a 36 year old pitcher one one days rest.

He last pitched on September 26th in the regular season. Gibbons could have given him an extra day and skipped the series vs the Orioles, pitching him in the first game vs the Rays in the final series of the season.

He STILL would have had five days rest before the first game today. Great decision.

This guy is now 1-6 in the postseason with an ERA near 5. He is clearly NOT a big game pitcher, as he is always getting outpitched by whatever scrub opposes him. We need people who perform well in October and his 45+ innings are enough of a sample size to see that he really struggles on the big stage. Mr. Anything But October I suppose.

I don't think Price is under consideration and it's not because of his struggles in the postseason.

Price is way better than anyone we have currently. I also do not think we have seen the last of him in this postseason. Toronto is far from done.

You should go look at what the Blue Jays Message board is feeling for Dave. Accused him of Doritoing on the couch for two weeks. Saw a few pining for Buehrle to come save them. On regular rest.

Archived