Pedro Alvarez may be a fit

wildcard

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/11/non-tender-candidate-pedro-alvarez.html

The Pirates could still try to trade him before next week’s deadline, but it’s questionable whether they’ll be able to find a suitor, given that other teams know the deadline will force the Bucs’ hand. They could tender Alvarez and plan to trade him later, but that would be somewhat of a risk, particularly given that they don’t generally have huge payrolls and they have many key players whose salaries are increasing (including Neil Walker and Mark Melancon through arbitration and Andrew McCutchen, Josh Harrison and Starling Marte through their long-term deals). Or they could non-tender him.

• 1 month later...
LF. If we managed with Cruz out there, I'm sure Trumbo wouldn't kill us.

Buck has already said, he planned Chris to be at 1st and Trumbo would be the DH.

I suspect if anybody played the OF, Davis would ahead of Trumbo.

BTW, Cruz was not as bad in the OF as his reputation preceded him to be.

Doesn't Trumbo make more sense at RF with Kim at LF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how Kim is as a fielder. I know Trumbo has been better in LF then he has in RF. And looking at Trumbo stats, his numbers don't appear to be horrible in LF over his career. His range isn't great, but it appears he catches what he gets to. Plus 9 assists in 129 games in LF.

I don't know how Kim is as a fielder. I know Trumbo has been better in LF then he has in RF. And looking at Trumbo stats, his numbers don't appear to be horrible in LF over his career. His range isn't great, but it appears he catches what he gets to. Plus 9 assists in 129 games in LF.

It was my understanding that Kim doesn't have the arm for RF. I could be misinformed, though.

Kim has been a first-baseman, left-fielder. He is also 245 lbs.

LF. If we managed with Cruz out there, I'm sure Trumbo wouldn't kill us.

No! Cruz was in the field only half the time, and he actually did okay there. And Cruz is a great hitter. Alvarez and Trumbo are not in Cruz' class as hitters. Why jeopardize your defense for hitters who aren't anything special?

It was my understanding that Kim doesn't have the arm for RF. I could be misinformed, though.

You may be correct. I doubt Alvarez is likely anyhow. Just like his potential with the bat. I would have rather had him over Trumbo. I'd like Fowler, but don't want to lose the pick. I'm guessing they sign David Murphy and platoon him with Reimold/D. Alvarez or whoever is left.

Archived