Pedro Alvarez may be a fit

wildcard

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know about Tony ...but my Apple products change the words all of the time. Sometimes drastic other times not so. I hate the feature personally.

Besides. No need for policing slight grammar mistakes. Even if it was not an auto-correct. I also post some strange stuff when using voice recognition.

I did say sorry. I know people dislike a grammar cop so I tried to not be too annoying about it. If you have an issue, please address me directly rather than being passive aggressive.

Very fair. Just wanted others to know as well, it is not a membership requirement to hit all spellings and grammar correctly. Or even looked favorably upon to correct others in threads. A PM might work better if one sees a trend.

If we did sign Alvarez, I'd rather he bat 2nd than Kim. Kim seems like he might be a double play machine. Alvarez only hit into 6 last year to Kim's 13 in the KBO. At least until we see if teams play the super shift on Kim.

I'm sure that if Kim struck out at the same rate as Alvarez he wouldn't hit into nearly as many double plays as he did last year.

I hate to break it to everyone, but adding Alvarez would not turn our offense into the 2015 Toronto Blue Jays'. Right now I'm hopeful that we are +20 runs or so from last year, relative to the league. Add Alvarez and maybe we're +30-40, tops. The Jays outscored us by about 180 runs last year. Decent chance we could be top 4-5 in the AL, but our low OBP prevents us from being elite even if we hit 225+ homers.

Moving to the Dome is a necessity for that.

The Jays hit very well on the road. Much better than we did. Our hitter friendly park creates the impression that we are a very good offensive team. Truth is, we have been middle of the pack once you take OPACY out of it.

If we did sign Alvarez, I'd rather he bat 2nd than Kim. Kim seems like he might be a double play machine. Alvarez only hit into 6 last year to Kim's 13 in the KBO. At least until we see if teams play the super shift on Kim.

In his last 1000 professional ABs Kim has grounded into 29 DPs. Check BB reference. Also I think it's possible he bats lead off at this point unless they keep Manny there. Short of giving the pick up and signing Gallardo which should trigger a Fowler signing as the 14 th pick will already be gone.

I really like the rule 5 and would be okay with him and Kim as the two corner OFs. Then sign Alvarez to and I think we have something we can be happy about on offense.

The Jays hit very well on the road. Much better than we did. Our hitter friendly park creates the impression that we are a very good offensive team. Truth is, we have been middle of the pack once you take OPACY out of it.

Our hitter friendly park is a result of our very poor starting pitching. Not any attribute.

Our hitter friendly park is a result of our very poor starting pitching. Not any attribute.

Sorry, but that's just not so. Our offense had a .792 OPS at home and scored more than five runs a game; they had a .668 OPS on the road and scored less than four runs a game. The starting pitching has nothing to do with that. Our pitching home/road splits actually were very close.

Sorry, but that's just not so. Our offense had a .792 OPS at home and scored more than five runs a game; they had a .668 OPS on the road and scored less than four runs a game. The starting pitching has nothing to do with that. Our pitching home/road splits actually were very close.

Martin > Wieters

Smoak << Davis

Travis >> Schoop (how did this happen?)

Tulo >> Hardy (health pending for both)

Donldson > Machado (possible =)

Pompey/Saunders ?? Kim

Pillar << Jones (offensively)

Bautista >>> RF mess

Encarnacion >>> Trumbo

Chris Colabello went from an 80 career OPS+ to a 142 at age 31. (paging Steve Pearce). It's hard for me to compare offenses because NOBODY compares favorably to Toronto and I am convinced the Jays are not on the up-and-up. I think they're the biggest cheaters in baseball at the moment.

Martin > Wieters

Smoak << Davis

Travis >> Schoop (how did this happen?)

Tulo >> Hardy (health pending for both)

Donldson > Machado (possible =)

Pompey/Saunders ?? Kim

Pillar << Jones (offensively)

Bautista >>> RF mess

Encarnacion > Trumbo

Chris Colabello went from an 80 career OPS+ to a 142 at age 31. (paging Steve Pearce). It's hard for me to compare offenses because NOBODY compares favorably to Toronto and I am convinced the Jays are not on the up-and-up. I think they're the biggest cheaters in baseball at the moment.

Since you're using extra symbols to emphasize superiority, you can go ahead and add a couple more for the Encarnacion to Trumbo comparison. Trumbo's highest wRC+ in the last 3 years is 108. Encarnacion's lowest is 146.

Archived