any top of the order left feilders available?

connja

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see what you're saying. But in a PED free game we all have to reset our settings on what a "good" player is. I think he could be like a Ben Revere. That's his ceiling. But in this era and in this market that's valuable. He might not walk alot, but he doesn't strike out alot either. He's better than Alvarez. At least fit wise. Plus he's played some CF in HOU, not alot but all we need is a guy to play in a pinch. Here's how my ideal/realistic OF would look for next year:

Sign Davis and Pearce, sign a lefty corner guy, either 1B or OF,

vs RHP

CF: AJ

RF: FA Lefty

LF: Pearce

1B: Davis (I'd be happy with him in RF if we can find a Lefty 1b)

DH: Parades or a FA like Jaso

vs LHP

CF: AJ

LF: Reimold

RF: Hoes

1B: Davis

DH: Pearce

As crazy as it sounds you could bat Reimold and Hoes 1-2 against LHP. Then smile because they finally developed. But this is only acceptable if we bring Davis back. If not I'm going to want us to spend some money on the OF.

milb numbers http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.cgi?id=hoes--001jer

Can we stop with the exoriole non-prospect love please. Hoes is nothing more than a AAAA player. Having him back would signal a off season failure!

Can we stop with the exoriole non-prospect love please. Hoes is nothing more than a AAAA player. Having him back would signal a off season failure!

No need for the hyperbolic self-loathing, either. There are scenarios where having LJ Hoes as a reserve/platoon complimentary player would be reasonable.

No need for the hyperbolic self-loathing, either. There are scenarios where having LJ Hoes as a reserve/platoon complimentary player would be reasonable.

True, but, you should also know all too well, that when certain posters bring his name up here in OH, and they want him back, they expect him to come back and be the next HOF OF, and that is simply a serious over evaluation of his skillset.

Does he require a pick? If so, I think he is old. And 100 million.

32 in February. 20+ wins over the last five years, but heavy defensive component that may not age well. Yes on pick, by all logic Royals will QO him and will be under heavy pressure to resign. From right around the corner in Nebraska. I think it's a huge reach to think the O's would even try to sign him. Don't have my contract estimator toy here at home, but assuming he'll be in the Chris Davis+ range.

IKR? For me, that job just seems to boil down to the guy you'd most like to see having the highest average quantity of ABs, period. Buck even said it himself, something to the effect that the only time your #1 hitter is guaranteed to lead off an inning is in the first.

The point isn't that the leadoff guy will be batting first throughout the game (though there's a little bit to that in the NL, where he hits after the pitcher). The point is that the leadoff batter and the #2 hitter, unless one of them makes the third out, bat right before your most prolific HR hitters. It's a plus if they can get on base a lot and make some of those HRs multi-RBI shots.

It's funny because I hate pretty much hate all ex-orioles. Hoes isn't old. He's just blocked and in a deep system. He's better than Alvarez, Urrutia and Lough.

Archived