What offers do you think the O's will make pending free agents?

mdbdotcom

I do not think that accepting the Qualifying Offer is like signing s FA contract. But then, no one ever has for us to see ;)

I don't think signing your own player who turns down a QO is like signing another free agent, either. If it were, you'd have to give up a draft pick.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think any team in there right mind would pay more than 20 million for Davis. He'll be returning.

I can't wait to come back to this after the smoke and the dust has cleared, either to say NFW that could ever happen in this universe or because I will be so thrilled that it did.

Davis 6/140

Chen 4/60

Wieters 3/33

O'Day 3/21

Pearce 2/10

Parra 2/13

We offered reportedly offered something like this to Tex 6 years ago, I'm not sure why we wouldn't offer something like this to Davis. I'm pretty sure we'd get the comp pic for Wieters at this offer. I hope O'Day doesn't sign for this. I'm fine with Givens, Brach, the Admiral. Chen? Who knows. I wouldn't feel like we did badly, and he might take this; I guess that makes it a good market offer.

Some crazy team will offer Chris Davis a ridiculous contract. O's may offer Chen a 3 year deal at about 10 million per. Don't really think that will snag him. Wieters will be given the QO and probably reject it. I see Matt in Atlanta next season. I can see them offering O'Day a 2/14 contract, but I don't think they will go for a 3 year contract for Darren. If Pierce returns it will be on a one-year contract most likely in the 3 million range. As for Parra, I could see him returning to the O's on something like a 3-year 25 million deal. O's won't go any higher than that. What it comes down to is that I think they will make a "significant" offer to Davis, but if that one crazy team offers him 6 years at 25 million per, then the O's are out of the running.

Some crazy team will offer Chris Davis a ridiculous contract. O's may offer Chen a 3 year deal at about 10 million per. Don't really think that will snag him. Wieters will be given the QO and probably reject it. I see Matt in Atlanta next season. I can see them offering O'Day a 2/14 contract, but I don't think they will go for a 3 year contract for Darren. If Pierce returns it will be on a one-year contract most likely in the 3 million range. As for Parra, I could see him returning to the O's on something like a 3-year 25 million deal. O's won't go any higher than that. What it comes down to is that I think they will make a "significant" offer to Davis, but if that one crazy team offers him 6 years at 25 million per, then the O's are out of the running.

Chen will get 65 million. At least.

Davis 6/140

Chen 4/60

Wieters 3/33

O'Day 3/21

Pearce 2/10

Parra 2/13

We offered reportedly offered something like this to Tex 6 years ago, I'm not sure why we wouldn't offer something like this to Davis. I'm pretty sure we'd get the comp pic for Wieters at this offer. I hope O'Day doesn't sign for this. I'm fine with Givens, Brach, the Admiral. Chen? Who knows. I wouldn't feel like we did badly, and he might take this; I guess that makes it a good market offer.

Davis (Orioles offer QO, 5-110 and he turns it down signs elsewhere)

Chen (Orioles offer QO, 3-45 and he turns it down goes elsewhere)

Wieters (Orioles offer QO, he turns it down, signs a deal elsewhere).

O'Day (Orioles offer 3-21, he takes it)

Pearce (Orioles resign him for 2-12)

Parra (Orioles resign him for 2-15)

Pearce is a NO. He is just a replacement player. Danny can get any major league minimum dumpster refuse to take his place as 5th/util

O's will come up a year or two short on Davis and Chen.

Parra and O'Day are wanted commodities at market reasonable prices, which means theO's have to win a competitive battle. That's not their move.

Buck says the team will make competitive offers, not encouraging

Pearce is a NO. He is just a replacement player. Danny can get any major league minimum dumpster refuse to take his place as 5th/util

O's will come up a year or two short on Davis and Chen.

Parra and O'Day are wanted commodities at market reasonable prices, which means theO's have to win a competitive battle. That's not their move.

Buck says the team will make competitive offers, not encouraging

People are not garbage here.

I hope Wieters re-signs. Wieters, Manny & Schoop up the middle is the basis for a really good core. IF he takes of the QO, he's gone a year later. If he succeeds next year, he'll get a 6 year contract elsewhere, if he fails next year, he won't get an offer after a 15 million dollar failure.

The O's should sign him to 4 /42.

I hope Wieters re-signs. Wieters, Manny & Schoop up the middle is the basis for a really good core. IF he takes of the QO, he's gone a year later. If he succeeds next year, he'll get a 6 year contract elsewhere, if he fails next year, he won't get an offer after a 15 million dollar failure.

The O's should sign him to 4 /42.

I find it interesting that you are, at least with the benefit of hindsight, against the Hardy deal but you are in favor of extending Wieters, who in my mind, presents a similar risk profile.

I find it interesting that you are, at least with the benefit of hindsight, against the Hardy deal but you are in favor of extending Wieters, who in my mind, presents a similar risk profile.

He's in favor of spending money. He's in favor of showing the fans that the Orioles are serious. No matter the results. He's in favor of the old stars and young stars model of roster building.

He's in favor of spending money. He's in favor of showing the fans that the Orioles are serious. No matter the results. He's in favor of the old stars and young stars model of roster building.

He's in favor of pointing out the O's shortcomings.

Archived