Today, 11/6, I went to the AFL game at Salt River Fields

AZRon

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Josh Hader looked real good; compact windup, plenty of movement, worked in and out and kept the ball down

Dylan Bundy looked OK; was around the plate, 92-94, not much bite on the breaking ball, left at least one change up in the zone, lots of rust to shake off and strength to rebuild; but, (fingers crossed) there is hope

Tanner Scott has plenty of juice; but, 8 of first 9 pitches were well out of the strike zone; a couple of 99s and showed a change

Adrian Marin (the PA pronounced it Meh _ Reen, emphasis on 2nd syllable); looked over-matched at the plate and, maybe, too short of arm strength to play third

Chance Sisco was disappointing; slow release and weak throw on the steal of second and late on most pitches while batting

Mike Ohlman looked good and tall warming up the pitchers between innings

Luke Weaver looks like another winner for the Cards

Ditto for Gary Sanchez and Dustin Fowler, both of the Yanks

Jurickson Profar, surprisingly, looked out of his league

Just another beautiful day sitting behind the plate at the ole ballgame among the scouts and writers from some of the baseball websites

Thanks for the info.

Bit surprised at the Marin comment after I saw this on Twitter yesterday.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Adrian Marin doesn't have the bat for third base but his glove would sure play there. Impressive day defensively at Salt River.</p>— JJ Cooper (@jjcoop36) <a href="

">November 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks for the info.

Bit surprised at the Marin comment after I saw this on Twitter yesterday.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Adrian Marin doesn't have the bat for third base but his glove would sure play there. Impressive day defensively at Salt River.</p>— JJ Cooper (@jjcoop36) <a href="

">November 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I liked what I saw of Marin. Made several real nice plays in the field.

Everyone has 'em

I've only seen Marin play one game at 3rd and I qualified my observation about his arm strength with "maybe".

Watch his throws closely -- then compare his motion and results to those of Machado, Longoria, and Moustakas

Everyone has 'em

I've only seen Marin play one game at 3rd and I qualified my observation about his arm strength with "maybe".

Watch his throws closely -- then compare his motion and results to those of Machado, Longoria, and Moustakas

You are right. At third, he is not even a thought because of his bat. But maybe we are looking at a Flaherty career here.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">O’s prospect Adrian Marin put his defense on display in yesterday’s <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBazFallLeague">@MLBazFallLeague</a> game. <a href="https://t.co/SwClSTF0t4">https://t.co/SwClSTF0t4</a> <a href="https://t.co/q9QwRNFLfW">pic.twitter.com/q9QwRNFLfW</a></p>— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href="

">November 7, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived