Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

The majority of the contract Heyward will be younger than Davis is right now, right?

I'm not a believer in advance metrics on defense and baserunning. While I believe it has some value I don't believe it has to value that fangraphs and others assigned to it. Hayward without his speed His value decreases significantly. I believe our ages better than speed, This has nothing to do with Davis

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not a believer in advance metrics on defense and baserunning. While I believe it has some value I don't believe it has to value that fangraphs and others assigned to it. Hayward without his speed His value decreases significantly. I believe our ages better than speed' date=' This has nothing to do with Davis[/quote']So Manny isn't nearly as good as we think? His glove at 3B isn't really worth 2-3 W?

I'm not a believer in advance metrics on defense and baserunning. While I believe it has some value I don't believe it has to value that fangraphs and others assigned to it. Hayward without his speed His value decreases significantly. I believe our ages better than speed' date=' This has nothing to do with Davis[/quote']

So, then everyone should take your word for it because the value is only as good as you say it is. And that's not subjective. :confused:

So, then everyone should take your word for it because the value is only as good as you say it is. And that's not subjective. :confused:

I said I do not believe in advanced metrics period...Per fangraphs Jason Heyward had a 6 War vs 5.6 for Chris Davis

Chris Davis contributed towards 170 runs 117RBI+53 Runs scored (100-47HR)

Jason Heyward contributed towards 126 runs 60RBI +66 Runs (79-13)

Did Heyward a defense save 44 more runs then Chris Davis?

I said I do not believe in advanced metrics period...Per fangraphs Jason Heyward had a 6 War vs 5.6 for Chris Davis

Chris Davis contributed towards 170 runs 117RBI+53 Runs scored (100-47HR)

Jason Heyward contributed towards 126 runs 60RBI +66 Runs (79-13)

Did Heyward a defense save 44 more runs then Chris Davis?

Could the best corner outfielder in the game be worth about a run or two a week on defense compared to an average first baseman/poor outfielder?

Sure.

Of course judging a players' offensive contribution using only runs batted in and runs scored is a bit on the simplistic side.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Royals, orioles among many teams in on Scott kazmir</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

">December 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So do you feel Heyward was more Valuable then Davis last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you have to watch Heyward play. And my eyes tell me he is a phenomenal outfielder. It's not hard for me to imagine that he was worth slightly more than Davis last year.

The other thing about Heyward is that if the Cubs can unlock the power in his swing, he could become an MVP-level player in the next few years. In other words, right now his value is mainly reliant on his speed and defense, but given his frame and talent, I could easily see him becoming a 30 HR a year guy with a strong OBP. With his defense, that's an MVP.

Archived