Trumbo an Oriole (For Clevenger Done Deal)

MASNPalmer

Over the last 2 seasons, Pearce has a homer every 19.666 plate appearances. Trumbo is a homer every 25.19.

Pearce also leads in ISO .236 to .184.

He certainly doesn't have Trumbo's raw power, but there is evidence he may be a more effective power hitter right now.

You like Pearce to continue with that type of production? Much of that came in 2014.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Over the last 2 seasons, Pearce has a homer every 19.666 plate appearances. Trumbo is a homer every 25.19.

Pearce also leads in ISO .236 to .184.

He certainly doesn't have Trumbo's raw power, but there is evidence he may be a more effective power hitter right now.

Over their careers:

Pearce HR every 25.94 AB (ISO .184)

Trumbo HR every 19.50 AB (ISO .208)

Throw in that Trumbo is going into his age 30 season, while Pearce is going into his age 33 season, I think Trumbo is the better bet power-wise.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Duquette on Trumbo: He’s got as much power as anybody in the league. Take a look at those charts in terms of how far he hits the ball."</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">December 7, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Over their careers:

Throw in that Trumbo is going into his age 30 season, while Pearce is going into his age 33 season, I think Trumbo is the better bet power-wise.

No question. Plus. Look at them.

Over their careers:

As do I. Just pointing out there is some evidence that suggests it isn't a slam dunk.

Archived