Os Sign O'Day for 4 Years - It's official

Nevermore

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally, that is getting a bit high for my taste.

I wouldn't scream for DD dismissal, if he did go that high, but I think thats safe that DD wont go that high.

I would also see another team taking a chance and making him a closer.

What about 3/26.5?

Nope, 3/26.499 is my absolute top offer. :wedge:

Ok. I believe that if Andrew Miller and his health concern, being hand dominant to 23% of the batters he faces could get a bid of 4/40 that Darren is going to get 3/28. Being hand dominant against 77% of the opposition.

Yes, it would. But again, I'd rather go with Brach, Roe, Drake, Jorge Rondon, Mike Wright (if he doesn't start) and see which of those guys step forward. There is no reason not to make use of the one area this system has depth. Sign O'Day and that's 6.5-8M less to spend in another area for the next 3 years. You also release a viable reliever or force someone like Drake to waste away on the AAA shuttle.

Even with that depth, we could still have Jason Garcia in the minors next year as well as Wilcard favorite, Andrew Triggs. Not to mention a couple more AAAA castoffs this winter.

People think O'Day can't regress over the next 3 years because he's a sidearmer. Has anyone looked at the history of sidearmers. I doubt that they are immune to aging.

If they were then they would all still be pitching.

Then I would say that was a dumb reason. First of all, Neshek and O'Day are two different pitchers and their arm angles are far from exactly the same. If the argument is that having Neshek or another sidearmer would make O'Day less effective, I don't buy it.

That is part of it. There is also the fact that sidearmers tend to have severe splits. I can see why a team would not want two guys that are both vulnerable to left handed hitting in the same bullpen.

Archived