2016 Boston Red Sox

Moose Milligan

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The funny thing is that 3-1 pitch might actually have been a strike. The 3-2 pitch called strike was garbage though, should have been walk and a tie game. But, I won't complain. One more thing, if you have 13 hits and only 2 runs well.... your going to be more prone to losing after wasting all those opportunities.

The funny thing is that 3-1 pitch might actually have been a strike.

It was a strike, despite McCann making like he just saved a wild pitch. The next pitch wasn't so much a strike, but what do you expect after you freak on the umpire for calling a strike?

(vs. YANKEES, 5/06)

The Red Sox just got screwed badly by the home plate umpire, who was bad all night.

That's one good thing about playing 162 ...... there's plenty of time to make up for things like that and/or to be the beneficiary of some bad umpiring yourselves as the season progresses.

Kulpa apparently missed 31 calls in last night's game.

Irate David Ortiz Ejected After 9th-Inning Strikeout vs. Yankees

(ESPN.com New Services)

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15478883/david-ortiz-boston-red-sox-irate-two-strike-calls-vs-new-york-yankees

CJ Nitkowski: Honeymoon Over For David Price In Boston http://da.radio.cbssports.com/2016/05/10/cj-nitkowski-honeymoon-over-for-david-price-in-boston/

Should the Red Sox be concerned?

“Oh yeah, absolutely,” MLB insider C.J. Nitkowski said on CBS Sports Radio’s The DA Show. “This is legitimate. I watch him and one of the things that concerns me – his stuff is still there, I’m not worried about (that). He’s still getting swings and misses. But there have been a lot of misses over the plate. We know he throws a lot of strikes. He’s not afraid to fill up the strike zone. The problem is, you do that in Boston – where it’s not the greatest place for left-handed pitchers to pitch – you start to run into some problems.”

Doesn't seem to be bothering the team much. Another 16 hits, another 13 runs tonight against the Athletics. Four walks, just four strikeouts.

Dustin Pedroia, Xander Boegarts, Hanley Ramirez, Travis Shaw and Jackie Bradley are ALL batting above .300. And Big Baby too.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/international/mlb-investigates-red-sox-over-international-signings/#t575zgi3hrVMwHc1.97

Major League Baseball is investigating the Red Sox over their 2015 international signings, focusing on whether the team signed multiple Venezuelan players in “package deals” and whether that would be considered a circumvention of MLB’s international bonus pools, according to multiple international sources.
The Red Sox were extremely aggressive in Venezuela last year, with the majority of their top signings coming from that country. Several of those players came from the same trainers, a common practice referred to as a package deal that involves signing multiple players from the same program.

2011 Draft for the Red Sox

Overall Pick Player WAR to date

19 Matt Barnes -.2

26 Blake Swihart .4

36 Henry Owens .6

40 Jackie Bradley 4.0

172 Mookie Betts 9.7

292 Travis Shaw 3.4

This is the kind of draft the O's could have had in 2016 if

Let Chris Davis Walk

Matt Wieters didn't accept that dang QO

Didn't sign worthless Gallardo

Gave a QO to Darren O'day

The Red Sox can really draft AND DEVLOP talent

6 players all from the same draft and on the ML roster within 5 years

2011 Draft for the Red Sox

Overall Pick Player WAR to date

19 Matt Barnes -.2

26 Blake Swihart .4

36 Henry Owens .6

40 Jackie Bradley 4.0

172 Mookie Betts 9.7

292 Travis Shaw 3.4

This is the kind of draft the O's could have had in 2016 if

Let Chris Davis Walk

Matt Wieters didn't accept that dang QO

Didn't sign worthless Gallardo

Gave a QO to Darren O'day

The Red Sox can really draft AND DEVLOP talent

6 players all from the same draft and on the ML roster within 5 years

If they had given a QO to Darren O'Day, they would currently have Darren O'Day under contract for $16 million, and you'd be lambasting them for their terrible decision.

Actually I'd much rather have Darren O'day for one year at 16 million, than 4 years at 32 as I have very much on record as saying his contract will not end well

33 yo reliever and all

and I think if they make the QO his price would have dropped and either us or the Nats would have had him for 10-20 % less than he got

Actually I'd much rather have Darren O'day for one year at 16 million, than 4 years at 32 as I have very much on record as saying his contract will not end well

33 yo reliever and all

and I think if they make the QO his price would have dropped and either us or the Nats would have had him for 10-20 % less than he got

So you don't think that he will last 2 years? Do the math.

Archived