2016 Lineups: With or without Chris Davis

srock

We don't see them because they don't exist, except as Boras mysteries. Name the team that needs a 1B and has money to spend? And don't tell me CD is a COF. You don't spend that kind of money on a faux OF.

All I have to do is quote you. The Cards, Mariners and possibly the Astros.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would be more comfortable with Trumbo as DH/ filling in in the field on occasion than Alvarez. DD has spoken about improving obp on several occasions, he eventually is going to have to prove that he is serious. Morneau doesn't have the power any longer that Alvarez possesses, but is a better all around hitter and won't kill you vs lefties. I think just about everyone in the lineup is capable of double digit HR totals, what we need is more people on base when they happen. as far as being cheaper, they should be fairly close. CD we be good also!

Yeah, he's not gonna do that. Reimold and Hoes were his attempts at that. He's never gonna spend the money for OBP at a premium level. Trumbo is a better first baseman than Davis.

I have room for Pedro Alvarez, Davis and Trumbo in my lineup. I just don't think the Orioles have the room in the budget. Maybe if they trade Britton and the purse strings are stretched to their breaking point.

This would be my everyday lineup against right-handed pitching:

1 Reimold (or an outfielder acquired in a Britton trade) LF R

2 Machado 3B R

3 Jones CF R

4 Davis RF L

5 Trumbo 1B R

6 Pedro Alvarez DH L

7 Wieters C S

8 Schoop 2B R

9 Hardy SS R

Remove Pedro Alvarez against lefties, keeping the rest of the lineup pretty much the same.

I have room for Pedro Alvarez, Davis and Trumbo in my lineup. I just don't think the Orioles have the room in the budget. Maybe if they trade Britton and the purse strings are stretched to their breaking point.

2 Machado 3B R

3 Jones CF R

4 Davis RF L

5 Trumbo 1B R

6 Pedro Alvarez DH L

7 Wieters C S

8 Schoop 2B R

9 Hardy SS R

Remove Pedro Alvarez against lefties, keeping the rest of the lineup pretty much the same.

That's five straight righties (effectively six) in the lineup. Even with Davis and Alvarez... Reimold should ideally be replaced.

2 Machado 3B R

3 Jones CF R

4 Davis RF L

5 Trumbo 1B R

6 Pedro Alvarez DH L

7 Wieters C S

8 Schoop 2B R

9 Hardy SS R

I like this a lot, but have similar concerns of the 8-3 RH hitters. Would be nice to have a LH 1 or 2 hitter. Swapping Schoop and Wieters would be the only change I'd make to your proposal though. I think it makes the lineup a tick better, and breaks up the RH hitters just a little bit more.

How's this for you as another possibility:

Reimold

Schoop

Machado

Davis

Jones

Alvarez

Trumbo

Wieters

Hardy

Archived