2016 Lineups: With or without Chris Davis

srock

Because its never too early and because its always fun, here are some potential lineups with and without Chris Davis.

3B Machado R

CF Jones R

RF Trumbo R

C Wieters S

1B Christian Walker R

DH Paredes S

LF Dariel Alvarez R

2B Schoop R

SS Hardy R

That is a whole bunch of holes and no lefties. Alvarez/Paredes/Walker are big question marks to be everyday players. And I prefer to find someone else at the top of the lineup to bump the power hitters back a spot.

Backups

C Joseph

IF Flaherty, Navarro

OF Urrutia, Reimold, Lake, maybe Hoes

For fun lets add Chris Davis.

3B Machado R

CF Jones R

RF Chris Davis L

1B Trumbo R

C Wieters S

DH Paredes S

LF Dariel Alvarez R

2B Schoop R

SS Hardy R

Backups

C Joseph

IF Christian Walker, Flaherty, Navarro

OF Urrutia, Reimold, Lake, maybe Hoes

That really helps tremendously. Now the most glaring hole is finding a corner OF who can leadoff so Manny can hit second. Also, this would keep Paredes and Alvarez in more of a part time role so they don't get exposed too quickly. Walker on the AAA shuttle for depth.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Machado's days of leading off are over. He should be in the 3 spot beginning next season for the next 12 years. No way Jones bats 2nd. It's probably Machado, Jones, Trumbo as of now for 3-5.

I generally agree, but if Davis is brought back, I could see:

1. corner OF left-handed lead off option

2. Machado

3. Jones

4. Davis

5. Trumbo

6. Wieters

7. Schoop

8. Hardy

9. Alvarez/Hoes/Reimold/etc

I think Machado's days of leading off are over. He should be in the 3 spot beginning next season for the next 12 years. No way Jones bats 2nd. It's probably Machado, Jones, Trumbo as of now for 3-5.

I don't like Machado leading off either but I don't see anyone currently on the roster who should be the getting the most at bats.

I have no issue with Manny batting 2nd, it maximizes his plate appearances. 3rd is fine as well.

I think the O's will have to find another left-handed bat in there somewhere other than Span.

Span makes lots of sense for the Orioles. But the money he should get is better spent on pitcher and/or Chris Davis.

I would love to have him though, lefty with a high OBP and good defense is a perfect fit.

I like the Trumbo deal, but before it was made I thought Clevenger was our best lefty hitter (other than Paredes, for about 20 games a year -- but who knows which 20? :confused:). At a time last season when there was little to like about the Orioles' offense outside of Davis and Manny, I enjoyed watching Clevenger bat.

In the portion of the radio interview I heard yesterday, DD made a point of how well Trumbo's power to right-center will play at Camden Yards, but didn't say anything about the complete lack of LH hitters, let alone LH power, now on the roster.

Without Davis:

1 Reimold LF R

2 Machado 3B R

3 Jones CF R

4 Trumbo 1B R

5 P.Alvarez DH L

6 Weiters C S

7 Schoop 2B R

8 Hardy SS R

9 Hoes RF R

Bench:

Joseph C R

Flaherty Util L

Paredes OF/1b?? S

Tolleson R Util

We're going to be a RH heavy team and that's with suggesting we get Pedro Alvarez. Paredes is a ?, could he play OF. Can he hit again? Learn patience? If so he could see some time in the OF. Tolleson should be subbed out for a LH OF bat. We just don't have one.

LH OF FA Bats- De Aza, David Murphy, Joyce, Nava, Dejesus, Parra, Sizemore

Need LH bats. I think we'll sign Venable. If Alvarez is still available when we give up on CD I could see that.

I think Venable could be an interesting platoon option with Reimold at one OF spot, but I'd like to see at least one 'every-day' answer in the OF. One name that's not proven, but may be interesting is Hyeon-soo Kim. I wonder if the O's are one of the teams that's offered him a contract.

Span makes lots of sense for the Orioles. But the money he should get is better spent on pitcher and/or Chris Davis.

I would love to have him though, lefty with a high OBP and good defense is a perfect fit.

After listening to DD last night - It appears that whoever the Orioles are going to sign will be players that were just NT'd or acquired via trade.

He can say all that he wants that they are trying to sign him. They [Orioles] are not willing to commit the years and money to him unless its at a discount.

Can we please move on from including Paredes as an option in any lineup configuration?

Can't, not with the team as currently constructed.

Jimmy looked promising against RHP last year, OPSing .740 with 10 HR. At his price, he will have every opportunity to stick with the club. I hope his trial in LF works out because then he can platoon with Reimold and essentially be Will Venable.

1. Hoes RF (placeholder)

2. Kim LF

3. Machado 3B

4. P Alvarez DH

5. Jones CF

6. Wieters C

7. Trumbo 1B

8. Schoop 2B

9. Hardy SS

Bench

Reimold OF/DH

Tolleson 2B/3B