O's met with Justin Upton's Agency (Reynolds Sports--Brother of Harold Reynolds)

Sir_Loin

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Justin isn't some rookie or kid. Hes an all star who will have a 150 million dollar contract. The idea AJ is going to boss him around is laughable.

Adam Jones would absolutely provide leadership to any addition. They will play the way we do.

Justin isn't some rookie or kid. Hes an all star who will have a 150 million dollar contract. The idea AJ is going to boss him around is laughable.

I agree with this.

But still, there is something to be said for peer pressure from someone who is your actual peer in terms of stature in the game and in the context of the organization. As much as Jones wouldn't "boss" Upton around, Jones also wouldn't stand for him dogging it on the field - in the event Upton found his way to Baltimore.

Something tells Orioles fans aren't used to guys coming in with HUGE contracts. Nobody will be telling Justin what to do. Nobody. Baseball/sports doesn't work that way.

Yeah it do. It's Baltimore. And Buck. No one is coming that won't act that way.

So what if he is right handed his splits are identical vs LHP and RHP. Over .800 OPS from both.

He is an above average left fielder, what are you talking about???

Wow WC ....one of your dumber posts.

Besides Upton can play right, the rule 5 guy in LF, Alvaerz at DH, and Kazmir and his would be an A+ offseason and the best one in more than 10 years

Everything I've read suggests that any new addition to the Orioles doesn't walk into a monarchy but a tight-knit community with clearly established and understood leadership roles - a situation cultivated and fully supported by Buck Showalter. I think you seriously underestimate the power of that.

Archived