Do We Get Anyone

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm agnostic. I'm a little surprised at how slowly the second tier pitching market is moving. If we don't grab one of those guys I'll be disappointed. Of the few big bats on the market, I still think Davis is the most likely to land in Baltimore, and I think Boras will drag him out.

I know I've been negative about the FO and the O's. I don't see adding the players

that have been talked about on this site.I believe that Trumbo and O'Day , Olmos and

the LF Redrick, I think that's his name will be our additions.Along with Walker,Alvaras and

a few others from AAA. Perhaps something will be shared during FanFest. I hope I'm

wrong. CD was very disturbing and I hope there is money to use somewhere else.

of any significance?

Does anyone else get the feeling that when the merry go round is over' date=' we may be without anyone of any great importance and stuck with B and C level players to fill holes?

I'm a bit pessimistic.[/quote']

It's a bit early to worry about. IMO

Adding Trumbo isn't close to being enough. The Orioles always seem to find away to just miss out on this guy or that guy. The O's don't have much in the farm system to they need to spend a lot of money in order to improve. I don't see that happening. No Davis, no Upton, no Gordon. I hope I'm wrong.

I never go into the off season expecting much. There seems to be lots of optimism about the Orioles making several big acquisitions this year. What I think will happen is they will sign from the remaining pool in January.

Most of the Orioles Hangout will agree with this approach but the lack of attendance at the games will tell the real story of how the fandom actually feels about this.

Most of the Orioles Hangout will agree with this approach but the lack of attendance at the games will tell the real story of how the fandom actually feels about this.

People will go to the games if they win, regardless of who they sign and when they sign them.

I do believe we will add a player or two of significance. Why? Because, we are willing to part with a draft pick. Players that have a draft pick associated with them can draw less interest and be cheaper because some GMs have Weams mentality.

Even with the Wieters QO accepted, we have plenty of budget to bring in some quality players, if not top tier free agents. I would expect at least a SP. Bullpen should not be the highest priority, so the O'Day signing to me is a signal that we have the budget for one or two more quality players. My worry is that we replace Chen and Davis but that is just enough to make us a .500 team again.

My guess is the O's will bid on Kazmir. Whether they will get him or not is questionable.

Looks like Gordon goes to the Cards. Angels and Nationals each get one of Cespedes and Upton.

Cards don't seem to see Davis as a priority. I think the bidding is passed where they would go.

Whether the O's sign Davis will probably depends on how long it takes him to want to sign. If he waits too long the O's may go with Pedro Alvarez at DH and Trumbo at 1B.

O's might add Kim for 3/10.

As the market changes so do my guesses.

So far I was surprised that the O's went the extra year on O'Day and shocked that the O's offered 7/150 for Davis.

Duquette, Showalter, Jones, and Machado are here through 2018. They want to win now. Angelos wants to win before he expires, and with the possibility of a rebuild looming for 2019, he too wants to make it to the World Series by 2018. A big deal can be signed that costs very little this season (to nullify the impact of the Wieters contract) and pays more over the rest of the deal, like the O'Day contract, but on a larger scale. So, the budget doesn't have to go sky high to add a big contract. I think we'll see some more good players added and some money spent, but I have no idea who those players will be. There are a lot of them out there this year.

Archived