% Chances Chris Davis Signs with O's

Winning_Season

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/STLCards?src=hash">#STLCards</a> have not changed stance and still have no interest in pursuing 1B Chris Davis. Will stick with Adams and Moss at 1B</p>— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) <a href="
">December 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I love it. Boras has nothing left in his bag of tricks for CD and his client's price has nowhere to go but down. I have no love for the Orioles MO over the past few decades but boy do I hope Boras has to eat crow, if not with the O's then someone else.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm with you about Houston, Gordo. Cards aren't taking the bait, either. Question is as Davis' value drops, who steps forward? Even more relevant, it's not who signs Davis but when does he get signed? His value is falling now, not rising. At some point Boras is going to realize that he's gotta get this car off the lot.
IMO the most likely crazies are CHAL and LAA They both need a LH power bat. All the Sox need to do is dump La Riche to have room for CD. But do they want to pay more tan 7/154 M? Does anyone? LAA 's owner is known for ridiculous contracts so maybe he could be dumb enough to sign CD to play LF.

I'm with you about Houston, Gordo. Cards aren't taking the bait, either. Question is as Davis' value drops, who steps forward? Even more relevant, it's not who signs Davis but when does he get signed? His value is falling now, not rising. At some point Boras is going to realize that he's gotta get this car off the lot.

As long as it's not an AL East team that swoops in and gets CD I'm not sure I care. I think the $150M that we offered is still a decent over/under.

As long as it's not an AL East team that swoops in and gets CD I'm not sure I care. I think the $150M that we offered is still a decent over/under.
I couldn't believe the 7/154M when I first heard it. It was way to high for a first offer. I'd have offered 5/115M based on the absence of a market..

I couldn't believe the 7/154M when I first heard it. It was way to high for a first offer. I'd have offered 5/115M based on the absence of a market..

One could argue Gordo that perhaps there is a market we are unaware of that has driven the price to that? I mean why else would DD offer that, unless he was privy to some information that perhaps a another team or two had legit interest. The alternative is that DD was bidding against himself. Pick your poison there.

It sure looks like there is not much of a market for CD but I gotta believe at least one or two teams are nibbling enough to convince Dan to be that aggressive.

One could argue Gordo that perhaps there is a market we are unaware of that has driven the price to that? I mean why else would DD offer that, unless he was privy to some information that perhaps a another team or two had legit interest. The alternative is that DD was bidding against himself. Pick your poison there.

It sure looks like there is not much of a market for CD but I gotta believe at least one or two teams are nibbling enough to convince Dan to be that aggressive.

This is Boras magical thinking. There aren't teams that would be willing to offer that much. Go around both leagues and see if you can find them. The O's shouldn't be either. I think they thought by doing so they could blow Boras away and end things quickly.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/STLCards?src=hash">#STLCards</a> have not changed stance and still have no interest in pursuing 1B Chris Davis. Will stick with Adams and Moss at 1B</p>? Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) <a href="
">December 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

His list of options is growing thin...

Bos - Log jam

NYY - Log jam

Tor - Still an option

TB - Too poor

Cle - Maybe...

CWS - Log jam

Det - Log jam

KC - Log jam

Min - Log jam

Hou - Log jam

LAA - Log jam

Oak - Too poor

Sea - Log jam (if you call Lind an log jam)

Tex - Log jam

Atl - Rebuilding

Mia - Too poor

NYM - Log jam

Phi - Rebuilding

Was - Log jam

Chc - Log jam

Cin - Log jam

Mil - Maybe but probably too poor

Pit - Log jam

StL - Just bowed out

Ari - Log jam

Col - They hinted they were interested

LAD - Log jam

SD - Log jam

SF - Log jam

So it's really down to Tor (who have shown no interest to spend money), or the Rockies, Brewers or Indians who could use a 1B/DH but it's way above their budget right now.

Peter is smart to not bid against himself.

My % of chance just went from 8% to about 45%

TOR, CLE, CO, ,MIL, don't make me laugh. Only TOR is a contender who might pony up to get an edge, but did they spend on Price, who might have given them that edge? No theyy spent on Happ. So now you think the are going to spend 7/180 M on CD when they have no place to play him? What are people smoking?

Every so often, Boras overplays his hand. I could be wrong, but didn't things backfire with Kyle Lohse a few years ago? I never thought I'd say this but I'd rather have the draft pick than Davis, but if the O's want to sign him I'd go for no more than 4 years. I realize that will probably hurt his feelings and self esteem.

Archived