Seven Minor Leaguers Who Could Play A Role in Baltimore In 2016

PressBoxOnline

Bundy will impact the roster in one way or another. There's really no question about it.

Most seem resigned that he will be our Rule 5 pitcher. The problem with that though, is that they can't just stash for a year, then season in the minors. This situation will linger for years.

Most seem resigned that he will be our Rule 5 pitcher. The problem with that though, is that they can't just stash for a year, then season in the minors. This situation will linger for years.

If Bundy is healthy enough to pump fastballs, he'll be fine in our pen.

If Dylan Bundy is healthy, he's going to be a much better bullpen option than Jason Garcia was last year. I'd expect Bundy to actually perform a role and contribute.

I agree completely. Garcia was only the attempt to garner Bundy's floor in the organization. If there were no Bundy..

If Dylan Bundy is healthy, he's going to be a much better bullpen option than Jason Garcia was last year. I'd expect Bundy to actually perform a role and contribute.
If Bundy is healthy enough to pump fastballs, he'll be fine in our pen.

But the original point remains:

Even if Bundy is healthy and successful in the BP this year, it isn't going to build up his innings.

Yeah, but they could just DL him and keep him in extended ST to start the year. It's not like we're going to have to invent injury problems to keep him. At this point though, I just want to see him get to ST healthy, pitch in games, stay healthy and be our rule 5 guy. Which only has a 5% of happening.

Archived