1)Kim 2) trade for Markakis 3) resign Davis

higgybaby

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I'm a Markakis fan, too, but I just don't think a trade is realistic. If the braves could get anything of value for Nick from any team, while limiting the amount of his salary they would have to eat, I'm pretty sure they would have done it already. I think the amount of his salary they would have to take on just makes it an impossible trade situation right now for the Braves.

I'm pretty sure I saw on the MLB channel that the braves were interested in trading Markakis as well as other players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course they are. Being able to find a trade partner that will give up anything of value while taking on the lion's share of Nick's salary is the hard part, though.

And scored 28% of the time he got on base. Ouch.

I'm not sure if you're serious with these numbers. But if you are, how does this compare vs the rest of the league and is this more telling about the state of the rest of the team offense?

I'm not sure if you're serious with these numbers. But if you are, how does this compare vs the rest of the league and is this more telling about the state of the rest of the team offense?

Partly the rest of the Brave offense, partly Nick is real slow.

Partly the rest of the Brave offense, partly Nick is real slow.

Mostly the former. Nick took an extra base on a single or double hit while he was on base 36% of the time in 2015, just a little under the league average of 39%. For some odd reason, though his career average is 37% and 34% had been his previous career low, in 2014 he took an extra base only 17% of the time. I've never figured out why that happened.

Back to the topic, I don't think the Braves would agree to eat half of Nick's salary, unless we were giving up a very nice prospect package for him, which I seriously doubt we would do. I love Nick, it pains me that he didn't re-sign here, and I think he's worth roughly the $11 mm/yr he's getting at market prices (I know many others disagree). But he's not the right investment for the Orioles right now. That ship sailed when he signed with Atlanta.

Mostly the former. Nick took an extra base on a single or double hit while he was on base 36% of the time in 2015, just a little under the league average of 39%. For some odd reason, though his career average is 37% and 34% had been his previous career low, in 2014 he took an extra base only 17% of the time. I've never figured out why that happened.

Fair enough. I was remembering 2014. I do have a lot of respect for Nick. I just don't see him as a solution today. If, somehow, he ended up being an Oriole again, I would be fine with that. But I would still make fun of his foot speed.

Archived