Other offers for Chris Davis?

wvw011166

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet they have no reason to consider Ramirez.

First base. His new position. The deal I proposed might not work, it's just meant to illustrate how the Red Sox or some other team will find a way to make room for Davis. When Dombrowski ran the Tigers, he figured out how to put Cabrera, Fielder, and VMart on the same team. He'll figure out a way to make room for Davis if he wants him.

I keep hearing the Orioles are close to signing Davis..but no one will confirm.

Based on what we know: The Orioles want him. No other team has officially asked him out. Uncle Peter made it public knowledge the money is there for Davis and Davis only. And even Boras himself seemed positive about a return to the Orioles. Take those 4 things, tw in how quiet its been, and it makes sense that a deal is close.

Based on what we know: The Orioles want him. No other team has officially asked him out. Uncle Peter made it public knowledge the money is there for Davis and Davis only. And even Boras himself seemed positive about a return to the Orioles. Take those 4 things, tw in how quiet its been, and it makes sense that a deal is close.

Sorry, I missed it. What has Boras done to seem positive about a return of Davis to the O's?

I think Boras and the O's are at an impasse. Boras wants to get Davis 180-200m and the O's may not be willing to go 150m now that they do not see another team even willing to go 100m. This will take time to resolve. I'd say late January or early February.

Boras will work the Yankees, Boston and Angels ownerships to get them in the bidding. Odds are a big money team is who he thinks he can get to jump in. Its clear that several teams have problems fitting Davis into their payroll for 2016 but have money coming off the books after that. A long term, backloaded deal may work. Those teams will need time to try to trade some salary to make room for Davis. Boras will give them that time.

If nothing has happened as Spring Training gets closer than Davis may put pressure on Boras to get him signed to the best offer he can get. JMO.

Archived