Other offers for Chris Davis?

wvw011166

Your point makes sense but I feel like it's a different situation then the way I'm thinking.

1. Davis isn't worth the 7/154 IMO

2. I feel like the team needs to upgrade the SP and CO more so then 1st. (I feel Trumbo can handle the job)

3. I also think the team needs to focus on a back up option at SS or 3rd. If Hardy can't play much of the season again they need someone who can be plugged in the LU 4-5 nights a week and not be the liability that Flaherty is with the bat.

4. I feel like the Orioles made a fair offer to Chris and I feel like he's just using the Orioles until something better comes along. I have no problem with them telling him go kick rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree on all points....but....Peter has set the money aside for only Davis apparently, so all these other points become mute. (or is it moot?)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your point makes sense but I feel like it's a different situation then the way I'm thinking.

1. Davis isn't worth the 7/154 IMO

2. I feel like the team needs to upgrade the SP and CO more so then 1st. (I feel Trumbo can handle the job)

3. I also think the team needs to focus on a back up option at SS or 3rd. If Hardy can't play much of the season again they need someone who can be plugged in the LU 4-5 nights a week and not be the liability that Flaherty is with the bat.

4. I feel like the Orioles made a fair offer to Chris and I feel like he's just using the Orioles until something better comes along. I have no problem with them telling him go kick rocks.

Me either. I think we should just get Gordon and Kazmir and maybe trade a few guys to free up some cash, then go after Alvarez. The whole CD saga just annoys me, cause Boras is Davis' pimp essentially, and to see this just makes me wonder why we still faun over him like he's the end all be all for the O's. He's no Ripken, more like Ryan Howard before he got injured. His decline will be awful, and to be honest; I'd rather someone else get saddled with the ridiculous deal that he gets.

I agree on all points....but....Peter has set the money aside for only Davis apparently, so all these other points become mute. (or is it moot?)

You're asking the wrong one I have a Baltimore city education. I'm still learning my left and right. Lol.

Hopefully if it's set aside strictly for Chris that he keeps waiting for the prettier girl to come along.

A bird in the hand is better then two in the bush.

Back to the OP: I haven't heard anything about any offers made to Chris Davis by anyone other than the Orioles. But then again, what have we heard about offers to Upton, Cespedes, Chen, Leake, Kazmir, Gallardo, and lots of other players? Basically, nothing. That doesn't mean that discussions haven't taken place, or that there aren't any offers on the table. It just means it hasn't leaked to the media.

If we sign Davis for 7/154, we will lock in a decade of losing seasons

He will be a disaster for whomever signs him

Amazing how quickly people forget 2014

I don't think Davis is worth 7/$154 mm, but I don't see how doing that deal locks in a decade of losing seasons. First of all, to state the obvious, the deal would be over in 7 years, so how does it lock in losing for 10? Second, Davis is likely to be an asset for the first few years of the deal, so I don't see that signing him would be a big hindrance over at least the next three seasons. I'd be most worried about what happens after the 2018 season, when Manny and Jonesy are free agents, if we have money tied up in Davis and he ceases to be productive. 2019-22 is the danger zone for this deal.

Back to the OP: I haven't heard anything about any offers made to Chris Davis by anyone other than the Orioles. But then again, what have we heard about offers to Upton, Cespedes, Chen, Leake, Kazmir, Gallardo, and lots of other players? Basically, nothing. That doesn't mean that discussions haven't taken place, or that there aren't any offers on the table. It just means it hasn't leaked to the media.

They will all get signed come January and February.

And that just shows how poorly the Orioles are ran.

The money shouldn't be for Davis it should be for whatever the team needs to be competitive and a shot at a World Series!

Okay my mistake. I thought that money could be used elsewhere. Oh well.

Archived