Nats Trade idea

MDtransplant757

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We get: Gio Gonzalez

They get: TJ Macfarland, Dylan Bundy and Brian Matuzs and a player to be named

Thoughts?

First off you got two of the names wrong.

Do you value McFarland or Matusz highly? I certainly don't. I would have non-tendered Matusz and yet I think he is a better pitcher then McFarland.

Bundy is a lottery ticket at this point and the Nats have made no secret that they are wary of keeping guys six-seven years after TJ surgery.

I don't see where that package is enticing to the Nats. They have a Gio on what is essentially a 3/36 deal and he has a good chance of providing excess value during that contract.

First off you got two of the names wrong.

Do you value McFarland or Matusz highly? I certainly don't. I would have non-tendered Matusz and yet I think he is a better pitcher then McFarland.

Bundy is a lottery ticket at this point and the Nats have made no secret that they are wary of keeping guys six-seven years after TJ surgery.

I don't see where that package is enticing to the Nats. They have a Gio on what is essentially a 3/36 deal and he has a good chance of providing excess value during that contract.

Ok, but do we send them Chris Lee or a couple pitchers like that instead?

Ok, but do we send them Chris Lee or a couple pitchers like that instead?

If I'm the Nats and I think I need bullpen help, I'm asking for Givens.

Why should I give up three reasonably priced years of a better then average starting pitcher?

You give me 6 years of a (somewhat) proven bullpen guy and that is a starting point.

Ah. I didn't think about that.

Gio's got a pretty team friendly deal.

2017- 12M-Team option 500K buyout.

2018- 12M- Vesting option 180 innings in 2017.

So it is 3/36 but with insurance built in if his arm blows up or he suddenly loses effectiveness.

If I'm the Nats that isn't someone I am looking to trade.

Gio's got a pretty team friendly deal.

2017- 12M-Team option 500K buyout.

2018- 12M- Vesting option 180 innings in 2017.

So it is 3/36 but with insurance built in if his arm blows up or he suddenly loses effectiveness.

If I'm the Nats that isn't someone I am looking to trade.

Versus Strausburgh, who if he has a bad year, they will shop

Archived