Orioles acquired RHP Odrisamer Despaigne

TeamSchoop6

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm probably conflating several things and misremembering others, but didn't the Dana Eveland trade for a couple guys in low A lead to about a 100-page thread and the departure of SportsGuy and his 112,993 posts?

It was actually "atomic."

First thing I said to my wife (also a diehard O's fan) after this trade yesterday was that we were going to have to find an easy nickname for this guy. She looked at his name and said, "Okay... let's call him Sport."

So Sport he is, for me and the missus going forward. If anyone was having same dilemma, feel free to borrow. :laughlol:

I'm sticking with the Herve Villechaize

Pretty good first impression with the twitter post. He signed in May of 2014 for $1 million. I wonder if we were in on him then or scouted him. That's been just about in our price range for the cuban players we've signed. Can't remember all the guys but off the top of my head it would be Urrutia, Alvarez, E.Leyva OF, Leyva P, A.Miranda LH, and that hulked up first basemen last year. I don't think this trade came out of nowhere. Like with Paredes a two offseasons ago, DD always get his guy in the end. Same with Almanzar the Rule 5 from BOS.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">"The American League is over all a little bit better than the National League" - Joe McIlvaine, Special Assistant to Orioles VP Dan Duquette</p>— MLB Network Radio (@MLBNetworkRadio) <a href="

">February 6, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived