Orioles acquired RHP Odrisamer Despaigne

TeamSchoop6

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some of the video I have seen of this guy shows him at 93-94. He's got some stuff and he's got options. Not bad.

From what I've read about him he does throw a few pitches. Fastball, cutter, sinker, change, curve and that slow curve. Someone pointed out earlier in the thread about how terrible SD's defense was last year. It will be a big help for him to have our defense.

As far as Cosme goes, the game I was at he was sitting 88ish. His ceiling is probably what Despaigne is right now. Considering that we have an option year with Despaigne and 5 years of team control, its a no lose situation for us.

My question is how did this trade go down? Was Despaigne in danger of being DFA'd and they were looking to move him? Did we start with Cashner and work our way down to this guy? Hopefully this works out as well as the last time we traded with SD(brach).

My question is how did this trade go down? Was Despaigne in danger of being DFA'd and they were looking to move him? Did we start with Cashner and work our way down to this guy? Hopefully this works out as well as the last time we traded with SD(brach).

It appears that when the Padres acquired Rodney they had to clear a spot on the 40-man and Despaigne was the odd man out.

I'm looking at the numbers on this guy and I see that he has a terrible strikeout rate even back when he was in Cuba. What am I missing? What does he exactly do well? Is he a great groundball pitcher like Jim Johnson was? I notice his HR rate has been very low throughout his career.

I know a scout who likes him and had me considering him for the end of our top 30. Has potential but a long ways away.

I know BP and some of the folks Stotle talks with had him on the cusp of interest. I assume that is why the Padres were pleased.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">By the way, if you're wondering how to pronounce Odrisamer Despaigne, the O's press release offers this: oh-DREE-sah-mer deh-SPAWN-yay</p>? Camden Chat (@CamdenChat) <a href="
">February 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Definitely referring to him Odrie (O-dree). lol

Archived