Orioles acquired RHP Odrisamer Despaigne

TeamSchoop6

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am sure that the O's would like their 3rd round draft choice, 6' 6" Mike Wright to take his 96 mph fastball and earn the #5 starter job. But earn it is what he will have to do.

Wright has struggled at every level before doing well. A ball, AA and AAA. The O's hope that he follows that pattern and turns last years struggles in the majors to success with the O's.

Now the O's have 6 guys battling in ST for the fifth starter. Wright, Worley, Wilson, Despaigne, McFarland and Matusz. 4 of them have options. I don't expect another major move for another starter.

Well, if that is the case, we better:

1) Sign Alvarez and hope for 10 runs a game

2) Forget about the playoffs

Well, if that is the case, we better:

1) Sign Alvarez and hope for 10 runs a game

2) Forget about the playoffs

The O's think they will get bounce backs for Tillman and Gonzalez. Also Gausman taking the next step. If that happens the O's are in the thick of the race.

The O's think they will get bounce backs for Tillman and Gonzalez. Also Gausman taking the next step. If that happens the O's are in the thick of the race.

And if nobody else gets hurt and everyone has a great year. Sounds like a magical place. We should get a unicorn as our 5th starter:)

Just kidding, always enjoy your posts, just frustrated with DD on the starting pitching front. I think his plan so far is appaling. I am hoping there is more to come...

69-93

Add Wei-Yin Chen

Add Jason Hammel

Add Miguel Gonzalez

Add Wilson Betemit

Add Nate McLouth

Add Jim Thome

Add Luis Ayala

Add Matt Lindstrom

93-69

Not all upgrades have to be flashy to be significant. Despaigne is a key piece, I think. It will be tough to replace Chen, but I think Vance Worley is going to be pretty good, the bullpen looks great, and I think we've upgraded with Trumbo and Kim over Paredes and the left field carousel.

I am sure that the O's would like their 3rd round draft choice, 6' 6" Mike Wright to take his 96 mph fastball and earn the #5 starter job. But earn it is what he will have to do.

Wright has struggled at every level before doing well. A ball, AA and AAA. The O's hope that he follows that pattern and turns last years struggles in the majors to success with the O's.

Now the O's have 6 guys battling in ST for the fifth starter. Wright, Worley, Wilson, Despaigne, McFarland and Matusz. 4 of them have options. I don't expect another major move for another starter.

I would have Wright, Gausman and Bundy call Arrieta and ask him for advice.

The Cubs could easily flip Soler or Baez for controllable pitching.

Two problems with that..

1) Soler is their RFer.. Cubs aren't gonna flip him. Baez will end up either at 2nd or SS if they decide to rid themselves of Castro.

2) They are not players that will be bring in MLB ready arms. They players that get you a Wilson or a Wright.. not a Gausman, Bundy or Harvey.

Two problems with that..

1) Soler is their RFer.. Cubs aren't gonna flip him. Baez will end up either at 2nd or SS if they decide to rid themselves of Castro.

2) They are not players that will be bring in MLB ready arms. They players that get you a Wilson or a Wright.. not a Gausman, Bundy or Harvey.

Castro is on the Yankees. Russell is the Cubs SS and Zobrist is the Cubs 2B.

He's a prospect - 19 years old last year at Aberdeen. 6'2", *155*.

(I'm also 6'2", but 190 - probably a good weight for me. I've dropped as low as 175, and my friends started to call me 'Skeletor'. I could not fathom being 20 points lighter that that weight.)

Not much of a hard thrower, but he has a frame that I'd guess could grow. Decent, but not overwhelming numbers at Aberdeen. I've seen him a bunch, and was never impressed - but he's a prospect in the sense that you don't know what he might become in 5 years, and there is some talent there...

Skeletor was actually pretty jacked. I'm not sure why super skinny people get called this.

latest?cb=20140126201213

I'd be stoked if someone called me Skeletor. It'd probably make my day, maybe even my week.

Not a bad move when considering he's got options and stuff remaining. I like DD's abilities to get value off the scrap heap but it's not a way to plan for success.

Oh well.

Archived