Gallardo - Roch: deal is DONE (signed)

weams

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So.. you know, for me if you want to criticize Duquette and Co., it should be for waiting so long to sign the Very Last Pitcher. Because when you do that, yeah you get a good deal, but should you run into a problem like this, you're now totally screwed.
Who should they have signed an when?

I will feel bad for Gallardo if this falls though. Going to be real hard for him to get a job before the draft at this rate.

I really wish they would do the physicals on the down low before they get to this phase.

A shoulder or UCL held together with bailing wire and zipties is probably a bigger issue than being attached to draft pick compensation.

Pitchers should lobby for the next CBA to declare them free agents after three consecutive injury-free years.

At least the media doesn't have the pitchforks out yet.

Maybe being obviously right about Balfour is giving them a bit of credit?

Balfour was damaged goods. As were ANY other pitcher that didn't pass physicals.

Gallardo might be the furthest thing from damaged goods we have ever seen here, and yet he can't pass.

It is almost comical at this point. We are talking about a 35m deal here too!! Not 135m!!

Of course there is a strange vibe today. We backed ourselves into a corner and this is the absolute last guy available to sign. We sign him (or attempt to) and now there is another problem with an Orioles physical. If I'm Gallardo I'm really upset too. If we are truly being sticklers this could ruin his market (which was pretty much non-existent anyway because of the pick) and now he could lose any chance at a deal and may not even sign with a team until after the pick goes away. I'd hate for this to be a Sele situation where we are scared off by something that could come up a few years down the road.

Once again if this deal goes south we have only ourselves to blame for not adding a pitcher and waiting until the last minute.

I wonder if Santiago is still available?

Nope not ourselves but just one. Mr. Angelos.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> concerned with Gallardo?s physical, as <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffPassan">@jeffpassan</a> said. Could try to restructure contract or back out entirely.</p>? Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="
">February 23, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There it is. Introducing your 2016 5th starter, Vance Worley. :vader:

At least the media doesn't have the pitchforks out yet.

Maybe being obviously right about Balfour is giving them a bit of credit?

Yeah we got brutalized by the media over Balfour. I won't argue with the O's physicals they save our butt more then once.

DOES THIS MAKE IT EASIER TO SIGN FOWLER NOW?

A shoulder or UCL held together with bailing wire and zipties is probably a bigger issue than being attached to draft pick compensation.

Pitchers should lobby for the next CBA to declare them free agents after three consecutive injury-free years.

Right but who is going to give up a pick for a high risk guy? At least after the draft he get some type of contract.

Yeah we got brutalized by the media over Balfour. I won't argue with the O's physicals they save our butt more then once.

DOES THIS MAKE IT EASIER TO SIGN FOWLER NOW?

Saved us on INJURED PLAYERS. That were high risk because of previous recent injuries.

Gallardo is NOT an injured player, he is the DEAD opposite actually.

This is sickening.

Well Gallardo should be relieved that the O's crack medical staff have determined the cause for his reduced velocity plummeting K rate, and 1.7 WHIP over the second 1/2 last year

Plummeting K rate, rising WHIP, inability to go past 5 innings, drop in velocity and it turns out he is injured. What a shocker.

The medical staff saves the O's again from what could have been deduced by just watching him pitch.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> concerned with Gallardo’s physical, as <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffPassan">@jeffpassan</a> said. Could try to restructure contract or back out entirely.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="
">February 23, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

smh....I mean, come on. If he is truly not well, or there are concerns I get it but this is almost silly.

Is this why he took so long to sign anywhere? Clubs knew something?

Archived