April 16th Orioles vs Chicago White Sox

Goober Noodles

Well, not really... he left the runner a big tunnel between his legs that gave him direct access to the plate... but he got the tag down in time and made the play, so let's not worry about that...

OK so maybe his technique wasn't perfect but the key was that he left his body in harm's way in order to make a play. :)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Loewen still pitching in the 6th. Jim Johnson warming up.

Gotcha, thanks Paul.

Loewen quickly retires Quentin. I like this move personally, I know he's coming back from injury, but he needs to get us through the 6th given how much we've used the bullpen the past 2 nights.

Loewen induces a quick pop up in foul territory by Uribe to end the top half of the 6th. Gutsy performance by Loewen tonight after the 3-run dinger to Thome. Not the best control, but he stuck with it tonight and got important outs. Help from Markakis and Scott on the 2 OF assists were crucial.

OK so maybe his technique wasn't perfect but the key was that he left his body in harm's way in order to make a play. :)

Right. He was in the right place for once, and he made the play. Which are both good things.

(DT could use the camera angle from the OF, looking in from behind Luke on the throw, to show him exactly what he did wrong.)

Not a big fan of the move, but it seems to be working out so far.

EDIT: To have worked out.

Adam Loewen has 109 pitches after 6, and was able to retire the 7-8-9 to get through the inning.

There comes a time where as a manager you have roll the dice in an attempt to save the bullpen. It was risky, I see that, but I agree with the decision. I'm glad it worked out.

Excellent outing by Loewen. Gutsy. Instead of getting worse as they saw more of him he stayed the same or better. He trusted his stuff. This is probably all we can ever ask for from Adam and we better learn to be happy with it.

Archived