Roch: All kinds of fact drops and innuendos.

weams

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly. He had a lot more to lose last year. And if it really affected his performance A) it didn't. Becaue he hit 53 hrs. And b) He would have bucked a lot harder.

It was the team's choice to put him there last year. It is the team's choice to not put him there with his 161 million dollar investment.

It was the team's choice to put him there last year. It is the team's choice to not put him there with his 161 million dollar investment.

Well, we'll see about that.

I'd bet money he sees time out there again this year.

Ok, sure, I misspoke.

Does that really negate my point?

Of course not.

No it didn't negate your point. However the faux incredulity (really?, really?, really?) didn't make your argument any more persuasive either.

No it didn't negate your point. However the faux incredulity (really?, really?, really?) didn't make your argument any more persuasive either.

It wasn't faux-incredulity. It was legitimate.

He now says he was joking, but at the time I didn't know that to be the case.

And if he had been serious, the incredulity would have been well deserved.

Manny got hurt as a corner infielder. But that was hitting and running. Schoop too. Hardy got hurt. Legit. Schoop ran into him.

Nick played RF for us for nine years, and the only two injuries he had that caused him a DL trip were when he was at bat. I don't think OF is all that dangerous, though injuries can happen at any position, including 1B.

I will be very surprised if Davis never sets foot in the outfield this year. But I couldn't say whether it will be 5 games or 50.

I take great issue with the idea that he won't play the OF now because his "status" has changed. That is not the culture of this team. Buck will make decisions based on what he thinks will help the team win, and Davis will go along with it. There is mutual respect there and I don't expect any issues over it. I'm sure Buck would prefer to keep Davis at 1B as much as possible, but if Davis can help the team by playing some OF, he will tell Davis that and Davis will willingly do it.

Nick played RF for us for nine years, and the only two injuries he had that caused him a DL trip were when he was at bat. I don't think OF is all that dangerous, though injuries can happen at any position, including 1B.

I will be very surprised if Davis never sets foot in the outfield this year. But I couldn't say whether it will be 5 games or 50.

I take great issue with the idea that he won't play the OF now because his "status" has changed. That is not the culture of this team. Buck will make decisions based on what he thinks will help the team win, and Davis will go along with it. There is mutual respect there and I don't expect any issues over it. I'm sure Buck would prefer to keep Davis at 1B as much as possible, but if Davis can help the team by playing some OF, he will tell Davis that and Davis will willingly do it.

Roch summed it up very nicely. No electronic fence in RF to keep Davis out, but dont expect him to be changing positions.

Let me clarify. I don't think he'll never set foot there due to "status," I just think it means there would have to be a compelling reason to do it. Making room for Trumbo to be the every day 1B doesn't satisfy that condition in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roch summed it up very nicely. No electronic fence in RF to keep Davis out, but dont expect him to be changing positions.

Unless Trumbo proves himself incapabable, or at least significantly worse that Davis.

I think he will.

And if he does, there will be no hesitation to put Davis out there, regardless of new status or whatever else people want to suggest.

Thank you frobby.

Now that you've said, hopefully it can be put to rest.

Archived