The Dan Era: Best and Worst Moves

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chen

Davis

Chen. Honorable mention to Cruz.

Pick 'em for Davies and Hader - two good prospects sent out for trash.

I can't blame DD for Davis. That was all Pete. I was fine with trading ERod. I still don't think the kid is all that great, we were trying to win the World Series, and Miller was fantastic. Arrieta was a gross failure on a development scale more than a trading error.

Best moves: Not trading Manny , Schoop or Gausman.

Worst move: Trading Arrieta. I would love to have seen what Wallace. Chiti and Martinez could have done with him.

Well that's a cop-out if there ever was one.

Best move has to be Chen, especially at that deal. I wouldn't classify Gonzo there simply because that was almost pure luck. Even the organization thought his upside wad as a reliever. Honorable mention goes to Jones for Brach. Super underrated move.

As for.worst, I would go with the Davies trade. Norris and Feldman at least improved this team (even if the talent given up was too much).

Well that's a cop-out if there ever was one.

Best move has to be Chen, especially at that deal. I wouldn't classify Gonzo there simply because that was almost pure luck. Even the organization thought his upside wad as a reliever. Honorable mention goes to Jones for Brach. Super underrated move.

As for.worst, I would go with the Davies trade. Norris and Feldman at least improved this team (even if the talent given up was too much).

Best Move, signing Adam Jones to an extension for less than market value.

Worst move. Talking to Toronto.

Best Move, signing Adam Jones to an extension for less than market value.

Worst move. Talking to Toronto.

Yeah, I'd have the Jones extension as the best. Followed by Chen. Then Gonzalez. Cruz signing. Guthrie for Hammel and Lindstrom.

Worst move was the Arrieta trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'd have the Jones extension as the best. Followed by Chen. Then Gonzalez. Cruz signing. Guthrie for Hammel and Lindstrom.

Worst move was the Arrieta trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Followed by Steve Pearce, Nate McClouth, Trading Jim Johnson. Trading for Chris Lee. Retaining and promoting Caleb Joseph, Trading For Nick Hundley and Joe Saunders. Having Gausman ready when Chen laid a playoff egg and not putting too much stock in Nolan Reimold even though Brady loves him.

He did not lose Cruz. We gained Ryan Mountcastle. We did not lose Nick. He avoided paying him 17 million.

While I agree with your overall point that these may not have been poor choices given the financial considerations. You don't help the argument by using the semantics of gain and avoid....lol.

I prefer,

Cruz...he gone.

Nick...well he left!;)

While I agree with your overall point that these may not have been poor choices given the financial considerations. You don't help the argument by using the semantics of gain and avoid....lol.

I prefer,

Cruz...he gone.

Nick...well he left!;)

I would have preferred to have signed them both, as Cruz had a monster year in Seattle and Kakes was himself, and considering what we had in LF and RF last year, I think we missed them big time last year

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

I would have preferred to have signed them both, as Cruz had a monster year in Seattle and Kakes was himself, and considering what we had in LF and RF last year, I think we missed them big time last year

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

That the Orioles underperformed in RF and DH last year is undeniable. I was and am still fine with Kakes leaving and it was his choice. That is also undeniable. It is unclear if Cruz was ever seriously offered by the O's or if the O's were seriously considered by Cruz, rendering our preferences on him....moot.

All of that said, it is still entirely possible for you to make a valid argument that last offseason was the worst of DD and the Cruz signing his best.

Archived