Dan Duquette has given up 2 1st round draft picks...

LookitsPuck

From what I heard, they never made an offer. The Orioles specified what they would accept. Toronto supposedly was never close to a deal. My source for this is a conversation with Dan Connolly and Mel Antonen.

Thanks sir. I was always curious about that.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Without their 2016 first round pick and without other young/cheap players they traded away.

Absolutely. Jake Arrieta will be in his FA contract, We will know if Josh Hader or Eduardo Rodriquez or Zach Davies ever had a MLB career. Or Chris Lee.

Sign better players, then.

I'm pretty happy with everyone the Orioles signed this off season EXCEPT Gallardo. And they signed Cruz and I wish they signed him again.

Alvarez and Kim were had at a very good price. O'Day's price is fine in today's market and Davis came cheaper than I thought considering the contract structure.

Also note Trumbo was had for next to nothing and fringe acquisitions like Despaigne and Audrey Perez are showing some flashes -- something that Duquette has a track record of doing well at.

My personal fantasy off season as Orioles GM would have gone completely different but I wasn't complaining about what they did until the Gallardo/Fowler mess, especially considering the payroll increase.

I'm pretty happy with everyone the Orioles signed this off season EXCEPT Gallardo. And they signed Cruz and I wish they signed him again.

Alvarez and Kim were had at a very good price. O'Day's price is fine in today's market and Davis came cheaper than I thought considering the contract structure.

Also note Trumbo was had for next to nothing and fringe acquisitions like Despaigne and Audrey Perez are showing some flashes -- something that Duquette has a track record of doing well at.

My personal fantasy off season as Orioles GM would have gone completely different but I wasn't complaining about what they did until the Gallardo/Fowler mess, especially considering the payroll increase.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Is Buck looking for more out of Gallardo? "In April I am." <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">March 26, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kazimir and Leake are better pitchers than Gallardo. They also cost a lot more. More than DD (meaning Angelos) were willing to pay.

Kazmir was in independent ball two years ago. ANd why has he only pitched 7 innings this spring. I Guarantee we would have a string Dan up thread here with these spring stats.

2016 Spring Training

Year Tm Age GS W L W-L% ERA G GS GF CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP BK WP BF WHIP H9 HR9 BB9 SO9 SO/W OppQual

2016 LAD 32 3 0 1 .000 9.39 3 3 0 0 0 0 7.2 16 9 8 0 3 0 7 0 0 0 41 2.478 18.8 0.0 3.5 8.2 2.33 8.6

I actually wanted Leake. Leake wanted NL.

Archived