vs. TWINS, 4/04 (Opening Day)

OFFNY

What's this going to do to Tillman? When they pulled the tarp Tillman was probably just getting a full lather on. Ready to start. Then the tarp.

They had him warming up to that extent? Someone should have given the teams a heads-up that this was starting late.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They curiously had the music so loud, Hunter was screaming into his mic, so loud you couldn't hear the crowd so well on TV. Music turned down later on. Those crafty Orioles. :D

That was a pretty smart thing to do in that regard. I couldn't tell either way.

They had him warming up to that extent? Someone should have given the teams a heads-up that this was starting late.

I didn't see it onscreen. When the lineup ran down the carpet, it was Wieters in the bullpen, Tillman in the bullpen, but they didn't show them. Hope they knew ahead of time.

Looking at the doppler radar, this is a pretty big storm system. The beginning of it is just starting to pass over Baltimore. There looks to be a band of heavy rain in the middle of it and there are two waves coming in. This

delay will likely be hours.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=lwx&product=N0R&loop=yes

It's not that impressive. There is some heavier stuff on the front end, but I presume that once the dry slot arrives, they will play through that second band.

From the Sun:

I guess our hint should have been neither of the starting pitchers actually warming up during the introductions. I'm easily distracted.

Well done Orioles then! For both clubs. I want some real baseball.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=lwx&product=N0R&loop=yes

It's not that impressive. There is some heavier stuff on the front end, but I presume that once the dry slot arrives, they will play through that second band.

There is an intensifying yellow/orange band heading straight for Baltimore. It's more than enough to delay a baseball game. That is assuming the second band doesn't continue to intensify.

Do you think Rickard is on the lead off against LHP rather than 9th as he is today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expected, just from how Buck has been, he'll start him low in the order. Let him get his legs under him. Did the same thing with Manny, Schoop. Then they all determine their future use. Put up or shut up.

Archived