vs. TWINS, 4/04 (Opening Day)

OFFNY

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where? I see no more than 3 in a row.

Two more when it wraps back to the top - 7,8,9,1,2

All the more reason to hope Rickard hits well enough to eventually lead off (which I think is a long shot, but hey its Opening Day, anything is possible!!!)

All the more reason to hope Rickard hits well enough to eventually lead off (which I think is a long shot, but hey its Opening Day, anything is possible!!!)

Ah, don't mind me. At work and wishing I was at the game instead.

Taylor, I'm going to send you a private message in a minute.

Pleases send one back to me before the start of tomorrow's game, and I will send you some information that might be able to help you out in terms of viewing Orioles games.

Patrick C. .(Oriole Fan From New York)

OFFNY, any chance you could also pm me?

Baltimore Orioles (0-0) vs. Minnesota Twins (0-0)

Streak / L10

BAL: Opening Day!

MIN: Opening Day!

Game 1 (3:05)

*2015 stats will be used for now

(QS=0)Chris Tillman (11-11) 4.99 (1.39/.267), 120/64 (20HR)

vs.

(QS=0)Ervin Santana (7-5) 4.00 (1.30/.253), 82/36 (12HR)

Chris Tillman: We all know Tillman is coming off a horrible year after putting up numbers from '12-'14 that were that of a solid #2 starter including a couple of 200+ inning seasons. Last year, his stuff wasn't great, his control wasn't great and the results reflected that. Judging by his final spring start against the Tigers, his stuff looks better than it was last year, but his control is still an issue which leads to high pitch counts and three walks in four innings. At least it's not all bad heading into the season, just mostly bad.

Tillman struggled against righties last season surrendering all but three of his 20 home runs to them, but 12 of them came with the bases empty at least. He struggled at home and was much worse on the road. He is winless in six career starts against the Twins going 0-4 with peripherals in orbit and 14 walks in 28 innings to help things along.

Splits & Sits

375 vs. left: .262/.336/.320 (3HR)

366 vs. right: .271/.328/.448 (17HR)

Bases Empty: .265, 12HR

RISP: .255

RISP w/2 outs: .262

Men on w/2 outs: .287

Man on 3rd, < 2 outs: .316

2015 Home (16 starts)

(6-6) 4.71 (1.28/.247), 8HR

Career vs. MIN (6 starts)

(0-4) 4.82 (1.71/.306), 14BB in 28IP

vs. Batter

Joe Mauer (12 AB) .250, RBI

Kurt Suzuki (11 AB) .182, 2 2B, RBI

Eduardo Nunez 3/8, 2RBI

Trevor Plouffe 1/7, RBI

Brian Dozier 2/5, 3RBI, 3BB

Eduardo Escobar 1/4, 2B

Danny Santana 2/3

Ervin Santana: Santana's 2015 campaign was delayed due to a suspension on April 3rd from using Stanozolol which cost him 80 games. Upon returning, he put up respectable numbers for the

Twins which were very close to the ones he put up in Atlanta. After three straight years of keeping his WHIP under 1.30 and his BAA under .250, he has had two years in a row with a WHIP of at least 1.30 and BAA's north of .250. Whether or not this is a new trend for him will be seen this year.

Pitching for the Twins last season, Santana was better on the road than he was at home, but has struggled for his career against the Orioles especially at Camden Yards. He was also a guy that was susceptible to being hit early on as he had a .293 BAA on the first 15 pitches of the game, but then dropped under .240 for the next 30 pitches and then rose back up over .280 for pitches 46-75 which is also the time he gave up seven of his 12 home runs last season. From then on out, he is shut down unless he gets up over 105 pitches in which it rises to .308.

Splits & Sits

236 vs. left: .260/.338/.411 (7HR)

221 vs. right: .246/.297/.326 (5HR)

Bases Empty: .261

RISP: .238

RISP w/2 outs: .273

Men on w/2 outs: .222

Man on 3rd < 2 outs: .222

2015 Away (10 starts)

(5-3) 3.64 (1.24/.250), 6HR

Career vs Baltimore (14 starts)

(4-5) 4.98 (1.28/.262), 16HR

Career @ Camden Yards (7 starts)

(2-3) 6.38 (1.37/.275), 7HR

vs. Batter

Chris Davis (28 AB) .179, 2 2B, 3HR, 4RBI, 11K

Adam Jones (21 AB) .238, 2 2B, 3RBI

Matt Wieters (17 AB) .235, 2 2B, HR, 4RBI

J.J. Hardy (16 AB) .250, 2HR, 4RBI

Pedro Alvarez 0/6

Manny Machado 2/5

Mark Trumbo 2/4, HR, 2RBI

Okay, so I've been doing these things for a long time for almost every game and was looking for a new place to do them this year, so I thought I'd try here. Whether it gets as popular as it was in other places is yet to be seen and I see you guys already do game threads with lineups and stuff, so hopefully, the two can fit together well. So, let's see what happens, yeah? :) Here goes nothing!

With more questions than answers in the Orioles camp with some questionable offseason spending and embarrassing incidents, opening day is finally here and there are many things to watch out for. How will the rotation fare this year? Who will get the most starts in left field? Can Rickard continue to shine when the games count? Will Kim find his groove and put pressure on Rickard and Reimold for playing time or perhaps Alvarez? April sure will be interesting.

The Twins dominated the Orioles last season and were largely responsible for dashing our playoff hopes with a late season four game sweep during a crucial time. Tillman has struggled against the Twins for his career and Santana has struggled against the Orioles for his career with more emphasis on his starts at Camden Yards, so this very well may be a high scoring affair to kick off the season.

Of course, the Twins also grabbed a guy from Korea by the name of Byung Ho Park. In Korea, Park drove in over 100 RBI four straight years and hit over 50 home runs in the last two. He had three straight years carrying an OBP in the .430's, an OPS over 1.000 and oh yeah, he also hit over .300 all three of those seasons. Park was an absolute monster in Korea and did well this spring, so he is one to get a good look at for sure.

Or to get Kim to look like a major league player would help. I was a bit surprised thought he may go with Alverez in the two hole to keep it more balanced.

Archived