Nolan Reimold is a personal favorite of mine

Barnaby Graves

is also the only player ever to hit his first career home run off of Mariano Rivera.

I was there in the right-field bleachers in Yankee Stadium, too.

He crushed it into straightaway center-field. After he hit it, I heard a Yankee fan that was sitting behind me ask, "Who the hell was THAT???" ll:eektf:

[video=youtube;zYO4QgLjBp0]

Thanks for that.

I owe you a greenie.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reimold is one of my favorites, too.

I don't get the small minority Nolan Reimold hate group that's formed at OH.

I don't hate the man at all. He is just not one of my favorites. He's doing good, and hope he stays healthy.

You're one of the main people I always see on here bashing the guy. As I said, I don't get it. There's clearly not a better player in the minors, so he's not blocking anyone. By all accounts, he's a good teammate and good guy. Don't understand the bashing.

I think that it has become almost fashionable to undermine Reimold for some.

The "Can we end the Reimold experiment already?" requests don't make much sense, when taking everything into consideration.

After all, what "experiment" is there that needs to be stopped? He is a solid 4th outfielder/occasional DH. He is the most patient hitter on a team that has sorely lacked OBP the last couple of years. And as I stated several times, he has been healthy for the last 2 years, save for one 15-day DL stint in 2014 for a strained calf.

I said that Reimold also hit his first home run ever off of Rivera, in response to the previous poster's statement that Reimold hit a game-winning home run off of Rivera.

I did not insinuate or imply anything else. You ran with something that I never said, nor implied.

It's easy to understand how Babkins misinterpreted what you were saying, following on Moose's post. In any event, it's not a big issue. You've clarified what you were saying.

This is the last I am going to say on it. I specifically stated that that Reimold also hit his first career home run against Rivera in response to the other poster, who stated that he had hit a game-winner off of Rivera. "Also" in the context that I used it means/meant "additionally." What I said was very clear and simple. I did not in any way imply that it was a game-winner. That was/is entirely your assumption.

Your position is truly bewildering. The context for your comment, as you have pointed out multiple times yourself, was another poster's comment that Reimold hit a game-winning home run off of Mariano Rivera. In your reply to that comment, you highlighted the first poster's nonfact (thereby establishing the context for your comment yourself) and stated that Reimold is also, or additionally, to use the word you believe clarifies your position, the only player ever to hit his first career home run off of Mariano Rivera.

If Poster #1 says a, and Poster #2 quotes Poster #1 and says additionally, b, it is not unreasonable to infer that Poster #2 has agreed with Poster #1's comment a before adding to it. If you have been misunderstood, it is your fault for writing your comment the way you did. Eliminate unnecessary words, especially if they alter or make unclear your meaning.

I have said my last on this as well. Sorry, Barnaby, for the derailment. And Moose, I'm sorry for spoiling your memory of Reimold taking Rivera deep.

Nolan Remold could be an EASY guy to root for. He's kind of a "Rocky" character. Overcome two very serious neck surgeries which could've easily derailed his career. Personal family issues, rejected and released and rejected again..He's the Rasputin of the Orioles. I always thought he played the game the right way. Great eye, runs hard, has an aggressive style of play and VERY VERY athletic. He needs a chance and a place to play when healthy. He's on a roll now. For how long? Who knows. When Jones comes back, he'll sit on the bench...but he is a solid option if theres a need. I love the guy. He's not very talkative or colorful. He's just a club fighter who never gives up. Whats NOT to like.

Agreed. That's what I said in my first post when I alluded to a comment that Stallone's character made in Rocky VI, aka Rocky Balboa.

When Micky Ward and Arturo Gatti fought for the 3rd time, Gatti was awarded the decision, even though ward knocked him down in the 6th round.

After the fight, Ward stated that Gatti "Was like Jason. He just keeps coming back, no matter how much I hit him."

Reimold keeps coming back too, no matter how many times he gets hit, hurt, and/or what other obstacles get in his path. Last year, Reimold was was DFA'd. He wasn't deemed important enough to be on the 40-man roster, let alone the 25-man roster. He through waivers, played well at AAA-Norfolk for 2 weeks, was put back on the 40-man roster, and was eventually was called back up to the Orioles ...... all in a 2-week period.

Nolan Remold could be an EASY guy to root for. He's kind of a "Rocky" character. Overcome two very serious neck surgeries which could've easily derailed his career. Personal family issues, rejected and released and rejected again..He's the Rasputin of the Orioles. I always thought he played the game the right way. Great eye, runs hard, has an aggressive style of play and VERY VERY athletic. He needs a chance and a place to play when healthy. He's on a roll now. For how long? Who knows. When Jones comes back, he'll sit on the bench...but he is a solid option if theres a need. I love the guy. He's not very talkative or colorful. He's just a club fighter who never gives up. Whats NOT to like.

Agreed. That's what I said in my first post when I alluded to a comment that Stallone's character made in Rocky VI, aka Rocky Balboa.

When Micky Ward and Arturo Gatti fought for the 3rd time, Gatti was awarded the decision, even though ward knocked him down in the 6th round.

After the fight, Ward stated that Gatti "Was like Jason. He just keeps coming back, no matter how much I hit him."

Reimold keeps coming back too, no matter how many times he gets hit, hurt, and/or what other obstacles get in his path. Last year, Reimold was was DFA'd. He wasn't deemed important enough to be on the 40-man roster, let alone the 25-man roster. He through waivers, played well at AAA-Norfolk for 2 weeks, was put back on the 40-man roster, and was eventually was called back up to the Orioles ...... all in a 2-week period.

[video=youtube;JTC7aeK_qgY]

• 3 weeks later...

I think Nolan needs to stay in the lineup while he's hot. Never know when it's going to end or when he may get hurt, so you have to ride it.

With Alvarez being a notoriously poor April hitter I have no problem with him riding the pine for an extended period. Reimold in the lineup means better OF defense as well with Trumbo moving to DH. I don't think that can be overlooked.

Trumbo is every bit as bad in the OF as the many of us feared. He's been smoking hot at the plate so his OF defense hasn't gotten as much attention as it would otherwise, but it's been bad.

I've never been as big a Nolan Reimold fanboy as some others on this board, but I did feel like too many people were being dismissive of him when he had a slow start in spring training. He's a very disciplined hitter, and when he's hot he can stay hot for a good long while. Hopefully Buck can find ways of keeping him in the lineup often enough where he doesn't lose his groove.

I've never been as big a Nolan Reimold fanboy as some others on this board, but I did feel like too many people were being dismissive of him when he had a slow start in spring training. He's a very disciplined hitter, and when he's hot he can stay hot for a good long while. Hopefully Buck can find ways of keeping him in the lineup often enough where he doesn't lose his groove.

I was one of those guys. I am glad Nolan has contributed. I missed you last night.

• 2 months later...

o

(vs. INDIANS, 7/24)

NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

o

(vs. INDIANS, 7/24)